Chapter Eighteen

Thalia

My still slumbering body turned only for my foot to hit something. With my eyes still closed, I felt around with that same foot. Whatever it was groaned and swatted at me, I kept feeling around.

"Stop kicking me."

I bolted up, half opened eyes squinted to see Kenzie there. We laid in opposite direction on the sofa, her head on one end and mine on the other. My legs were on her lap while hers hung off and touched the floor. The blanket was tossed somewhere because it wasn't on us anymore.

"Ugh, you're not supposed to be here." I shoved her with my feet, she didn't even move.

"My sofa." Kenzie grunted and closed her eyes again.

I was too tired to protest more than that so I laid down once again. We stayed up the entire night watching the Underworld series, only falling asleep early hours of the morning. It still rained outside, but only a little. Eventually my eyes shut again.

When I woke up, the blanket was tucked around me and I couldn't feel Kenzie at my feet. But I did hear movements close by along with the smell of coffee. I burrowed deeper into the cushions and fluffy blanket, more comfortable than I'd ever been.

When that thought entered my mind, I swiftly shot up to my feet. I threw the blanket back on the sofa, my chest rising and falling with mixed emotions. Too much, they came too fast and almost knocked the air out of my lungs.

"Thalia?"

I blinked and looked up, seeing Kenzie standing with a spatula in her hand while she wore a sports bra to cover her upper half. I could hear the sizzling of something frying and saw a stack of pancakes on the counter.

"What?"

"I made breakfast." She proudly gestured around her. "Good morning."

I wrapped my arms around myself, the soft fabric of her clothing warm and her scent high. "Good morning."

"You can use the bathroom to freshen up. I put a toothbrush for you..." She paused. "Do you want to shower?"

I shook my head. "I don't have underwear and neither do you."

Kenzie eyed my figure that she couldn't really see beneath her baggy clothes. "Your ass is bigger than mine. My boxers stretch."

I gasped and tried to look behind me. "No, it's not."

"You're thick." She grinned a big ass grin that was both annoying and endearing.

I scoffed and pointed at her front door, indicating to her little friend from last night. "Right, I forgot you're into...that. Afraid of some meat, Kenz?"

The spatula was not pointing at me with a smirk. "I love all women. Of all colour, shape and size." Then she smiled fully again. "You murdered her last night."

I gently swayed my body from side to side, remembering the way Daphne looked at me. She was judging my body and the fact that I wasn't slimmed down or that my stomach didn't display abs like hers did. I knew women like her, the ones who looked down on others because they thought they were better.

"Whatever." I muttered and went to her bedroom to get to the bathroom.

I brushed my teeth with the toothbrush left for me and washed my face. Smoothing out my hair with my hands, I stared at my reflection in the mirror. The lack of makeup showed the darkness under my eyes and dullness in said eyes. I only changed back into my jeans and kept Kenzie's hoodie on, it was warm, before going back out.