01

The pond was still, apart from the occasional ripple when a koi fish would kiss the surface, eating the pebbles of food that were afloat

The pond was still, apart from the occasional ripple when a koi fish would kiss the surface, eating the pebbles of food that were afloat. Green lilypads with pink blossomed flowers sat at the top, and beside the pond, in the short green grass, sat a girl.

With her shoeless feet planted flatly in the grass, and her knees brought up to her chest, her chin resting on top, she sat watching the pond, throwing food pebbles in once the fish ate all the ones at the top.

Her dark plum hair cascaded around her, falling in waves by her side, falling just short of the ground. The sound of birds chirping and squirrels rustling in the autumn leaves on the ground filled her ears, making her relax even more, as she let out a sigh of content.

Yet her peace was cut short when she heard something larger than a squirrel could be heard rustling the leaves behind her and she felt a pair of eyes on her.

Her body tensed but she didn't make any movements, not wanting the stranger to know she knew they were there. The sound of the leaves crunching louder and louder let her know they were walking closer.

Taking a deep breath she grabbed the nearest thing to her and stood up, turning on her heels and pointing the object in her hand at the lurking stranger.

Her light hazel eyes met with deep brown ones, who belonged to a man, a tall man, with dark brown curls and a curious look, as he raised an eyebrow to the girl who was defensively pointing a half eaten cheese stick at him.

"Uhm...hallo" The man awkwardly said in a rather monotonous voice.

The girl took a step backwards, forgetting the mossy rocks that were there and ultimately slipping on one, landing in the pond.

Landing in the shallow end, she was able to sit up, her hair now wet and heavy with water draping down her face like a curtain, and flowing slightly in the water the was up to her shoulders. A lily pad sat on top of the girls head like a sad hat as the koi fish bravely and curiously swam up to her, and she spit out a stream of water.

Then man let out a sputter of a laugh he failed to hold back at the sight. The girl took a hand and parted her hair, holding a side of it so she could peek at the man, playfully glaring at his laughter.

"Sorry, Sorry" The man apologized with a lopsided grin, holding his hands up in defense before extending one out to the girl. "Are you okay?"

The girl hesitated, eyeing his hand warily before taking it and standing up, with his help. She looked down at her, now wet, matching grey silk shorts and tank top, that stuck to her ickily. Noticing the girl's grimace and following her eyeline to her clothes the man commented.

"Oh you should get home and change those, you'll get sick"

The girl only nodded in response, grabbing her small bag of fish food and beginning to walk towards a stone path that went through the surrounding forest.

"uhm-uh wait!" The man called out, slightly panicked at the girl's sudden departure.

The girl turned to look at the man, watching as he nervously scratched at the back of his neck, his eyes slightly wide.

"I'm... Techno.."

The girl simply nodded and gave a happy smile, waving before continuing on her path, disappearing in the trees.

Techno sighed. "goodbye then" he said in a hush tone, watching the area where the girl disappeared into.