033

It really hurts when I need to so bad but I can't see her

My Juliet, my special girl

Techno didn't want to admit it, but he had been dreading this day

Techno didn't want to admit it, but he had been dreading this day. His best friend was leaving. They sat on his couch side by side, Kioshi leaning her head against his shoulder. He wanted to stay like that forever.

He promised Kioshi he'd take her to the train station. He knew it'd hurt to have to watch her leave but he also wanted to spend every last second he could with her.

When he had told Wilbur about it Wilbur had come up with this big fantasy where Kioshi would change her mind last minute and they'd race to each other's arms. Techno thought it was silly, that wouldn't happen.

Kioshi sat taking in every moment. She wished she could just pause time and be with Techno forever.

Techno took a deep breath and begrudgingly got up. "C'mon you don't wanna miss your train" He said reaching a hand out for Kioshi.

Kioshi took it with a sad smile and stood up. As she went to grab her suitcase Techno stopped her and grabbed it instead.

"Why is this so heavy? What did you pack?" Techno said frowning at the suitcase.

Kioshi just giggled in response and headed for the door. Once their uber arrived they got in and headed for the train station.

Arriving at the train station noise of people bustling around filled their ear. Kioshi held onto her ticket with one hand and Techno's hand with the other.

They walked up to the gate where people were boarding the train. As they waited in line Kioshi looked around anxious, ever so often adjusting her grip on Techno's hand.

Once it got to Kioshi's turn she handed the ticket to the ticket master and turned to Techno.

"I guess this is where we depart huh?" Techno said with a sad smile.

Tears began filling Kioshi's eyes as she nodded softly.

"Don't cry, i'll be here when you get back" Techno said soothingly.

Kioshi just nodded and bit her lip, trying to fight back the tears. Techno let go of her hand and brought his hand up to cup her cheek. Slowly he closed the space between them and kissed her softly, yet so filled with unspoken promises.

"Goodbye, Kioshi" He said in a soft voice, barely above a whisper.

"Bye"

And back home the pond was still, apart from the occasional ripple when a koi fish would kiss the surface.