The Battleship

~20:57~

You finally got to the bridge and have never felt more terrified in your life. You didn't mean to panic in front of Jimin like that, but you couldn't hold it back anymore. He was the only one you even remotely trusted and you needed to let your emotions out somehow. You thought running away from your home life would be easy, but boy how wrong you were. Now you're a sole survivor, a possible witness to alien lifeforms, and you met up with another crew of sole survivors from a ship that got blown up in a clear act of war. Your life could not be any worse right about now. Oh, and add the fact that you're not even landing on Mars: you're being boarded.

Breaking down in front of Jimin was admittedly embarrassing, but he brought you back. Your parents could never bring you back when you had panic attacks, they had to wait it out. Same to your siblings and very few friends. Somehow a stranger brought you back when others couldn't. Maybe it was because he's the only one who cares.

Jimin sits next to you now, strapped in with a pistol in his holster. Every member of the crew except for you has one. Of course the Captain doesn't trust you enough to have one yet, and you understand that, but that doesn't mean you can't be mad about it. Truthfully, in your panicked state, a weapon is probably the last thing you need. Still, you'd like to be able to defend yourself right about now.

You have approximately one minute until you get boarded, and you've never been more nervous in your life. You're shaking badly, your right leg bouncing up and down repeatedly while your sweaty hands clamp down hard on the arm rests. The belts around your body aren't helping. They only make you feel more claustrophobic.

You squeeze your eyes shut, trying anything to distract yourself from the red lights in the bridge and the beeping of the proximity radar in the cockpit the pilot and Captain are monitoring. You want an escape. Something - anything to pull you away from what's happening in reality.

What you weren't expecting was for your sweaty right hand to be picked up. You open your eyes and peep to your right, watching as Jimin entwines his hand with yours and gives you a reassuring squeeze. You glance down at your locked hands, then back into his eyes. Your eyes are wide while his give you a knowing look. "You and me," he whispers, and you relax at the sound of his voice. Do you trust this boy? Hell no, but you want to. You really want to. So much so that you squeeze his hand back and sink into the chair as the beeping gets louder and louder.

"They're right above us," the Captain says. You don't panic, you merely focus on the feeling of Jimin's hand in yours, thinking about how the crew will keep you safe. Honestly, your last name will keep you safe. For once, there's a perk to being a L/N. Yippee.

Although you can't hear the Martian ship approaching, you know they're docking now. You can feel the docking clamps being placed on your ship. "Alright, we're docked. Be prepared. Get out of your seats, we shouldn't experience any turbulence now," Captain Kim says.

The crew unbuckles themselves and hops out. You reluctantly let go of Jimin's hand to unbuckle yourself, throwing off the hard straps and standing, a little wobbly at first, but you regain your composure as fast as possible.

Jimin stands next to you within a flash. "Are you okay?"

"I'll live," you reply with a dry chuckle. "Let's get this over with."

He hums in agreement as the main hatch opens, and several Martian officers step inside. They're donning heavy gear and look like the real deal: they appear to be a true militia. Hues of carmine and gold are planted on the metal of their armor, their weapons matching the color scheme. Oxygen masks complete their appearance, their figures seeming taller than even those living in the Belt. After a few moments of waiting, Namjoon goes over to them. And when they see him, they remove their helmets.