Memories Lost in Time

"I'm immortal."

Jinwoo was left speechless by this sudden turn of events.

"So... How old are you..?" Jinwoo asked even though he didn't really want to know.

"Hmmm... Around 3000 years old."

Jinwoo's eyes almost popped out of they're sockets.

Jinwoo then realized something.

'But wait...'

"Were you born in a dwarf family?"

'Thwack!'

"OW! What's your problem?!"

Dokja punched Jinwoo at that shameless and disrespectful remark.

"Be respectful to your elders!"

'Now I understand why the old people always say this. It's so fun, making people behave.' thought Kim Dokja to himself while making a satisfied grin.

Jinwoo looked up at Kim Dokja with his hand massaging his head on the part he got hit from and he opened his lips.

"But then... Why do you look like a child when you're so old?"

"Haaaahh... What did I expect from a fool like you..."

'Critical hit #1'

"Hey! What was that for?!"

"Are you f*cking dumb or what? Didn't I already tell you that the reason why I'm this small was because I lost a lot of fables!"

Jinwoo thought back on the fight they had and it took him a while to remember that.

"Oohh... I remember now."

"I thought that you weren't really immortal for a second and that you were lying to yourself thanks to you looking as young as ever."

'Critical hit #2'

Jinwoo felt the blood rising up within his body, ready to come out at any second thanks to the damage done to his self-esteem.

...

Silence filled the subway that was once filled with the bickering of those two.

Kim Dokja slowly sat back down and looked out of the window of the train car.

"Honestly... I'm happy that you're here."

Upon hearing those words, Jinwoo looked at Kim Dokja with wide eyes with the intention of asking why.

But when Jinwoo looked at him, he saw Kim Dokja looking back at him with a bitter smile and eyes filled with loneliness.

That made Jinwoo think wether he should return back home or not.

Dokja looked at his phone and asked. "You looked through my phone, correct?"

"Ah... Yes..." Jinwoo couldn't muster up any excuses and just simply admitted the truth.

"That means that you already saw that photo, the group photo with me and all the others."

"Yes..."

Kim Dokja opened his phone and looked at the group photo, where everyone was happy.

"What do you think about it?"

Kim Dokja asked for Jinwoo's opinion while still looking at his phone with the picture on the screen.

"It looks nice. It made me want to go back to my family and make a group photo like this too."

Jinwoo decided to answer truthfully and glanced at the picture on the phone.

'drip-'

Tears fell on the screen. That made Jinwoo turn his gaze back to Dokja.

Kim Dokja was crying.

"I miss them so much..."

He was stuttering his words.

Dokja left the phone on his lap and started wiping his face with his sleeve.

"How pathetic..." Dokja started sniffing and couldn't speak properly.

"Hehe...Look at how the roles changed... You cried when you first came here and the next day... I'm the one crying..." Dokja tried to make a joke and laugh, hoping that it would stop him from crying.

Jinwoo silently watched Kim Dokja crying without saying anything. It's not that he didn't want to console him, it's just that he couldn't.

Jinwoo's lips bobbed up and down, he thought of something to say in order to console him but nothing came to mind, and even if he did come up with something to say, the words just wouldn't come out until it was too late.

So he tried to help in another way.

He got up and crouched right in front of Kim Dokja.

He reached out his hand to grasp the little hands of the man that was covering his face.

And as for the other hand...

Kim Dokja looked at the man crouching down before him, surprised at the sudden sensation of someone's hand on his cheek.

"Why?..." Kim Dokja got emotional.

Why?

Those were the only words a lonely being, who had no one other than a damn wall for hundreds of years, could squeeze out.

Jinwoo knew the pain of Kim Dokja.

Jinwoo knew what he went through. He saw it when he was fighting with that talking wall.

All of his memories, companions and pain, he witnessed all of them.

This man was probably the loneliest being in the entire universe.

This man sacrificed himself for his loved ones, his family, and the earth... Just like Sung Jinwoo.

That was why he could sympathize with this pitiful being.

Jinwoo looked at Dokja.

A sad smile formed on his lips and he started speaking in a low tone.

"It's alright... You can cry all you want and tell me all of your problems... I'll be here, listening..."

Dokja looked at the man in front of him and he couldn't hold back anymore.

Kim Dokja went in for a hug and Jinwoo welcomed it.

"Waaaah...." Dokja clenched on Jinwoo's clothes and continued to cry while Jinwoo was just caressing the child's back and consoling him.

And this went on for a while...

***

Jinwoo wiped the puffy eyes of the sleeping man he once thought was a little child.

Kim Dokja was sleeping in Jinwoo's warm embrace.

Jinwoo could feel the breath of the little man on his neck.

Jinwoo, just like before reached out for his jacket and put it over Kim Dokja carefully.

Jinwoo leaned on a wall and looked at Kim Dokja, whose hands were wrapped around Jinwoo's neck and was sleeping with puffy eyes.

"Pfft..." Jinwoo let out a silent laugh and was trying not to wake him up. "Adorable."

'He really does sleep a lot.' Jinwoo smiled while still observing his face.

Jinwoo looked at Kim Dokja's adorable face and couldn't hold back anymore.

'kiss'

Jinwoo kissed him lightly on the cheeks.

He could smell his scent.

'It smells really nice...' Jinwoo was awake the whole day so he decided to rest a little too.

And they slept like that till the next day.

-End of Chapter 5-

-------------------------------------------------------