An Unexpected Turn of Events

"..."

Jinwoo silently looked up at the sky. He didn't understand the whole context of Kim Dokja's world.

Well, that is to be expected since Kim Dokja didn't tell him anything. All he could do was to guess about the world he grew up in so far by reading his stories, his history.

What are constellations? What is the star stream? How does the other world line thing work? These were the questions that were stuck in his mind but was never able to ask them.

And now Kim Dokja is gone and he has no way of asking him.

[ My liege... ]

"He will come back."

[ ... ]

He will come back... Although those words made him sound like he was sure of it, he wasn't.

Those words were uttered in hopes of calming himself down. Calming his heart, that was beating unusually fast. Scared that a certain someone wouldn't come back again.

'Please... Please, come back...'

Now all he could do was trust him. Trust Kim Dokja that he would come back safe and sound.

***

"Woah... It's been a while since I teleported... This is... Very mentally draining..." Said Kim Dokja as he slowly stood up, slightly dizzy from moving dimensions.

He looked around.

"It seems, I have returned..."

[ Kim Dokja never wanted to come back to this place ever again. ]

'It seems like you're having fun pointing out the obvious.'

[ The 'fourth wall' is giggling. ]

Kim Dokja sighed and smiled slightly with a soft expression.

It may seem like their relationship have not changed but in fact, the fourth wall and Kim Dokja naturally became very close throughout all those years they have spent together. They were like family.

The Fourth Wall was the reason that Kim Dokja was able to survive this far, that was true In the apocalypse too.

"Anyways. Hey, fourth wall. Can you show me the regression Yoo Joonghyuk is in?"

[ Wh ich o ne? ]

"..." He couldn't blame the fourth wall.

"Sorry, I should've been more specific. The regression of the Yoo Joonghyuk I was looking after."

[ ...Wh ich o ne?.. ]

"..."

[ ... ]

God fucking dammit.

This is why you should never forget the regression of the Yoo Joonghyuk you're talking about. There are so many of those sunfish bastards that you can't just refer to them as 'Yoo Joonghyuk' anymore. There's always gotta be a 0th, 3rd, 999th, 1863rd, 1864th... Etc..

Though It's not that Kim Dokja forgot Yoo Joonghyuk's regression but instead, just doesn't know the regression he's in since he could've gone to a different regression in the time Kim Dokja was absent.