Newfound Beauty

"There are some people that I have to apologize to..."

"Who-?"

Before Kim Dokja could even finish his sentence, Sung Jinwoo went ahead and opened the door.

"Just wait here. I'll come back after I'm done with what I have to do." He went in and closed the door.

"What the..." Dokja was confused at Jinwoo's actions.

{'There are some people that I have to apologize to...'} "Haaa..." Dokja sighed deeply and remembered the expression on Jinwoo's face as he said that.

There was a bitter smile on his face.

'Why am I even worried about someone like him?! He's a psychopath who forcefully stole my first kiss with the stupid reason of 'I didn't tell him who Joonghyuk is'! And isn't he ashamed?! I'm in my kid form right now... Even though I'm older than him... Still! He looks like a friggin' pedo!'

Dokja kept on making excuses as to why he shouldn't worry about someone like him but, in the end, he was still worried...

***

Jinwoo stepped in the house that he hadn't been in for 27 years...

He clenched his heart that was beating like crazy.

He didn't know how to look them in the eyes after abandoning them 27 years ago...

He wanted to run away, he didn't want to see their hurtful expressions. Maybe they would understand but... There was a chance that they wouldn't understand...

Jinwoo took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell.

They would probably recognize him because he turned his appearance into his younger self.

"I'm coming-!" The cheerful voice of the little girl that answered the door was cut off by the sight in front of her.

"Jinah, who is it?" The woman called out to the little girl as she passed by to see who came by.

'Clang-!'

But she dropped the things she was carrying with her mouth wide open when she saw who was on the other side of the door.

"Jinah, mother..." Tears welled up in their eyes when they saw their family member who suddenly disappeared without a word 2 years ago, casually appearing in front of them.

"I'm sorr-"

'squeeze!'

Jinwoo's mother suddenly hugged him and squeezed him very tightly, as if he would disappear once again if she let go of him.

"*Sniff* uh..." Jinah also couldn't hold back her tears as she wobbled towards them and embraced Jinwoo.

Jinwoo was startled but bit his lips trying to hold back his tears after seeing the reaction of his family members.

But... In the end... He couldn't hold them back either as he hugged the both of them back.

***

After that, Jinwoo's dad was also informed about his son's return and they were hugging each other.

But Jinwoo wasn't let off the hook.

Jinwoo was scolded by his mother and father, he promised that he wouldn't disappear without a word ever again.

"Actually... There is someone that I want to introduce you guys to."

The family members all looked at Jinwoo who said something unexpected.

Jinwoo went outside so that he could tell Dokja that he can finally come in.

"Here, my phone number."