the Final Decision

"Send me back to where you found me, to that subway."

Jinwoo couldn't comprehend.

"...Why?.."

Why would he want to go back to that place?

"...To that place?..."

To that lonesome place where no one other than himself exists.

...Was it because of the way Jinwoo treated him?

"...If it's because of me, I, I can change! No. I will change!"

Dokja saw Jinwoo's painfully distorted face and something in his heart burnt.

"Jinwoo-ya."

Kim Dokja put his hands on both of his cheeks and forced him into looking into his eyes.

"It's not because of you that I have to go, it's just... I have to deal with an urgent matter..."

"...Will you come back?"

"..."

It was always this question.

Everytime he needed to go somewhere, his companions always asked him this question.

And the answer was always the same.

"...Yes..."

It was the question that he was the most used to but also the hardest to answer.

"...yes... I will come back..."

Maybe this is why his companions never trusted him.

[ Ly ing is b ad. ]

Because he's a liar.

"...him.."

"What?"

Due to Jinwoo speaking in a low tone, Kim Dokja couldn't understand what he said.

"Is it because of him?"

"!"

Kim Dokja remained silent. Why was he so ashamed when he was asked that question?

"Who... Who are you talking about..?" Kim Dokja asked, even though it was obvious who Jinwoo, who appearently has a crush on Dokja, was talking about.

"I'm talking about that guy in the subway. What was his name? Yoo Joonghyuk?"

"H- how do you know his name?!"

At Kim Dokja's question, Jinwoo put a hand in his pocket and pulled out...

"...a story fragment...?"

[ Life and Death Companions ]

"I found this when we were leaving that subway. You were in such a hurry that you didn't even notice that this leaked out of your wounds. I wanted to know more about what these things were so I ended up reading it. Are these your memories, hyung?"

Jinwoo looked at Kim Dokja while extending his hand holding the fragment.

Kim Dokja felt pressured under that gaze that wanted an answer and he finally opened his mouth after a while and muttered in a low voice.

"...it's similar..."

"Dokja-hyung, there's nothing to be ashamed or scared about, I just wanna know more about you."

Jinwoo took Dokja's hand and gently put the story fragment on it.

"Especially since I'm the one that needs to apologize."

Jinwoo bit his lips. Now that he finally apologized, now he needed to make up for it.

Although it hurt his heart to do so.