Confession

Happy family.

It was something that Kim Dokja never had.

When he was young, he always imagined what it would be like to have a happy family.

Whenever he visited his mother, who was in prison, and talked to her about ways of survival, seeing her just listening expressionlessly, he always asked himself 'What if we were just a normal, happy family?'.

Would he have done those things back then? Would he have had to hate his mother? Would his mother have the need to write that book?... Would he have tried to commit suicide? Would he have read the 'ways of survival'?...

...Would he have killed his father?

He didn't want to know. Or rather... He had no way to know.

Because those things are in the past.

He will never be able to undo what has already been done... not even Yoo Joonghyuk's stigma, 'regression' can do that.

"Kim Dokja?"

Kim Dokja snapped out of his thoughts as Park Kyunghye, Jinwoo's mother, called out to him.

"yeah? Sorry... I got lost in thought..."

"..."

It seems that Park Kyunghye wanted to say something but kept her mouth shut.

"Is it because your family abandoned you?"

Thwack!

"Ack! Why?!"

Sung Ilhwan, who is Jinwoo's father, got hit by Kyunghye and when he asked the reason, instead of an answer, he got a murderous glare from Jinwoo.

Kim Dokja was confused as to why he assumed that his parents abandoned him, but then he remembered the excuse that Jinwoo came up with on the spot to convince his family so that he could stay with them.

Dokja thought that this was ridiculous before he made a pitiful face, pretending to be hurt because of the sudden mention of 'his family abandoning him'.

Well, as long as he didn't have to tell them the truth...

He felt that another hit was coming for the poor Sung Ilhwan, although Dokja felt bad, it wasn't like he would suddenly tell the truth.

Kim Dokja felt that his 'pitiful act' was slopp- no... he knew that it was very sloppy, but thankfully they bought into it.

"What is your relationship with Oppa?"

Before the atmosphere could get any worse, Jinah intervened and asked a question.

But... What kind of question was that??

Kim Dokja struggled quite a bit before deciding to open his mouth with the answer 'We're like brothers' but a 'certain someone' decided to intervene...

"Mum, I have something to confess…"

Kim Dokja belatedly noticed 'No way… Is this bastard for real…'

"Mother... I love him!"☠️

(A/n: I don't even know what I am writing myself but let's just go with it...)

"Oh, my..."

Kyunghye held her hands to her mouth and her expression was somewhat... excited? She made a face that said that this was a pleasant surprise to her.

Jinwoo continued speaking regardless of her reactions.

"The real reason I wanted to take Kim Dokja in is because... I fell in love with him at first sight!"