Fifty

Like planned, Genesis made time to take a trip home to Kentucky

Like planned, Genesis made time to take a trip home to Kentucky. With his feet now on the ground he plans to take the first steps to looking into his father's death. That starts with exhuming his father's body. With the consent of his mother, himself, and Seven, he'll be unburied for additional forensic analysis.

Before that happens Gee wants to go to the cemetery one last time. He was supposed to go with Misty and Seven this morning, but he had something else to do.

Gee parks his car then walks across the small road going to the plot of land filled with headstones. Before going to his father's, he stumbles upon the grave of Kross.

He looks down at it reading what's engraved into it.. "Loving son, brother, and friend. Friend," he laughs under his breath. If he was petty he'd piss or spit on it.

With a million questions of why, it's all overpowered by a quote his mother said to him earlier: All the real secrets are buried, and only ghosts speak the truth. But the truth always begins to reveal itself. Truth seeks the light of day needing it like we need air. So it finds ways to seep out of the sturdiest, most skillfully hidden boxes. Even those buried deeply in the hearts of the dead.

With one recorded sentence, Kross started something that Gee was going to finish. He has no choice.

He doesn't linger at his headstone long, going to his father's next. He takes any flowers or bears left on the grave putting them in a box. The area needs to be cleared for when they break ground.