one

Kindly vote all chapters for bald hair~ 👩🏻‍🦲✨️😎

Just like any other usual 22-year-old, Winter was walking along with her friend towards their next class and by surprise when they arrived there, the professor wasn't there yet

Just like any other usual 22-year-old, Winter was walking along with her friend towards their next class and by surprise when they arrived there, the professor wasn't there yet. What a rare day for him to be late.

"Oh wow. Professor Oh didn't arrive yet, and I was impressed", Ningning clapped her hand savagely while walking down the auditorium to find her and Winter a seat. Hell yeah, the only seat available was in the middle of the class, which was circled by fangirls of-

"They are looking into Karina Yu again? Gosh...", Winter rolled her eyes in annoyance. It was like any other day as well, when she entered the class only to find the girls inside the class were head over heels looking at news and pictures of Karina Yu on their phones.

"There you go, being a hater again", Ningning just shrugs her best friend's shoulder and finally manages to sit on the empty seats together with Winter beside her.

"I'm not being a hater Ning. It's just that they looking at her pictures almost every day and somehow I got sick of it", Winter shrugs back.

"Why not? Karina Yu is a public figure. She's beautiful, a great actress, and a successful businesswoman. I have no complaints if the girls were attracted to her all the time", Ning grinned.

Winter scanned her surroundings again. The girl in front of her was scrolling Karina Yu's pictures and Winter can see it from behind. Ningning was right without a doubt that Karina sure is a beautiful public figure. Also to Winter's surprise, she just got to know last week that Karina was only a year older than her. But she was already this successful and well-known inside the country.

Winter then look to her left, and it was the same view. Only is that the one on her left was boys, which are also looking at their phones with Karina Yu on it, but it was her on her recent drama.

On her right, girls. Doing what? Almost the same as the others. While on their backs? Most were geeks and nerds. Winter doesn't even know why in the world the class seating was divided like this naturally. Weirdos and fangirls are on the left, front, and right sides of the class. Nerds and geeks at the back, and introverts in the middle. But hey Ning wasn't an introvert?

"Look at this! Oh my god! Karina is just so gorgeous and I felt like crying just by looking at her pictures!"

"Did you watch the newest episode of her drama yesterday?"

"Oh-oh! Renthouse episode 8?"

"Yes! Did you see how savage she is when she talked to her younger sister to get number 1 in class so they could gain the government sponsorship and get a chance to fly to the moon?"

"YES! THAT PART WAS SO HILARIOUS! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!"

"They are at it again.....", and Winter could only frown as the girls shrieks happily like there's no tomorrow.

"Is that drama even that fun to watch? I was just curious about it. People keep talking about it", Winter asked her friend quietly and Ningning start to come closer to her ear for a whisper.

"It was a popular drama but you'll get lots of shits from it. Seriously, that drama was just stressful"

.....

After the long day ended, Winter came back to her house. It wasn't her house. It was her uncle and aunts. As soon as she entered the gate, she was greeted by her cousin who is now in her jumpsuit, maybe because she just ended her training.

Her cousin Aeri was a national hockey athlete and at the same time her best friend's girlfriend. That's why it's a must for Aeri to keep a good body posture every day.

"Yo Winter! How's class!", Aeri asked and Winter just grins dissatisfaction.

"Boring as always. The girls keep talking about Karina Yu and I'm tired to keep hearing about it"

"Why not? She's amazing, talented, bea---"

"I get it. You are a fan. I know~", Winter shrugged before finally entering the house and it wasn't weird if the house was empty at this hour. Her aunt and uncle still working at this time and they'll be back in the evening.

It's been a while like this. I mean, it's been a while since Winter lived her life with her uncle, aunt, and Aeri. It's because her parents are now working overseas and Winter didn't like the idea of her continuing her education outside Korea, and now it was the fifth year of her staying inside the Uchinaga's house.

....

"Hey, honey. What's up?", Winter was greeted by her mother through the video call.

"Great mom. How about you?"

"Great as well", her mother answered.

"By the way, didn't you say that you had something important to tell me?", Winter reminded her mother just in case she forgot about it. But she was wondering what her mother wants to talk about actually.

"Ah right. About that. Please don't be surprised...", somehow her mother's hanging words make Winter nervous. Seems like her next words gonna be a big deal.

"You see, honey. There's a good friend of mine since high school, and she has a daughter just like me", her mother said.

"Okay..."

"So the serial kidnapping case around Seoul was worrisome to me, and I'm afraid like I'm burdening your aunt and your uncle for taking care of you"

"Okay...."

"So, you see? Your uncle and aunt weren't at all the time at home, and Aeri always went out for her practice and tournaments. You'll always end up alone and thinking about the serial kidnapping case freaks me out to hell---"

"Okay, mom. I think you better tell me straight to the point. What in the world are you trying to say to me?", Winter cuts her mother's words not to be rude. It's just because she felt the same thing as what her mother felt and she understands her mother's words clean and clear.

Her mother was right. The serial kidnapping case that was started 2 months ago in Gangnam didn't come to the end yet. 3 girls are missing and Winter is somehow worried about her safety since she always staying at the Uchinaga's alone.

Also, she felt guilty toward her aunt and uncle. It's been 5 years since Winter lived with them and even tho they always said that they were fine with her staying there, Winter always feels guilty about it like she was burdensome to her cousin's family. Plus, Winter didn't even know until how long she will stay with them and keep burdening them.

"Mom? Are you still there?"

"Yes, I am. Sorry"

"So what are you trying to say to me, mom?", Winter repeated her words and she could hear how hesitant her mom is from the other side. The older woman coughed a few times before voicing her words again.

"Winter..."

"You'll marry my best friend's daughter next week"