thirteen

*author's note

first of all, I want to say, please understand if I made lots of grammatical mistakes, typos, and bad English.

the language wasn't even my mother language. I didn't even use it in my daily life. the last time I learn English was in high school, and now I was 23.

again, I am sorry.

if you were uncomfortable with my mistakes and errors in writing,

again, I am so sorry.

I tried my best to correct the grammar using software and apps, but sometimes it was just too annoying to use those things. so I just write freely.

I know there are a lot of Americans reading my story too, but I appreciate your understanding that this language was a foreign language to me.

I will try to be a better author for you.

thank you.

VOTING WILL END NEXT WEEK ✅️

Karina fetched up Winter as usual, and her smile was so big this time

Karina fetched up Winter as usual, and her smile was so big this time. As soon as the girl was visible in her eyesight, Karina panicked because Winter came dragged by her cousin and her cousin's girlfriend. She tried to look normal and when Winter was already right next to the car, she open the door slowly while looking at both Aeri and Ningning in disgust.

"Come on. Go in", Aeri shoo-ing her cousin away into the car with her smirk and Ningning just watched her with her little laugh, while Winter gave them eye-rolls and later entered the car without even looking at her wife.

"You guys... seriously...", Winter scoffs.

And Karina was looking at the three of them full of questions inside her head. What's wrong with them? Winter even sticking her tongue out towards Aeri right now.

The younger girl closed the door shut angrily with a loud banging noise, and all of them there were startled. When Aeri and Ningning had already walked away with their laugh, Karina was now looking at mad Winter, who is too cute to handle.

"Why are they laughing at you? And why are you sulking?", Karina sneered looking at her wife. But, Winter tries to ignore her words and Karina just laughs and starts to push the gas pedal, driving them home.

"How's class today? Is everything okay?", Karina asked as she drive the car. But Winter still didn't bother to answer her.

"Winter?", and the girl still kept her silence, looking outside the car window.

"Winter, tell me", Karina keeps asking.

Winter still acting like that. Ignoring Karina's existence. Pouting lips. Grumpy face. Looking outside the car window.

And now the lights are red. Thank god, the car stopped for a while.

"Winter, if you keep doing this...", Karina said as she put her right hand on Winter's hip. The younger girl was startled by the sudden action, and later gave a quick look at Karina's face. She thought Karina's face gonna be quirky, trying to tease her or something.

But she was wrong.

When she looked at Karina's face, the only thing Winter saw is the worried and tired expression of her wife. Did she work too hard today? Is there something wrong with her acting today? Also, did Winter be grumpy too much until Karina was looking at her with that kind of expression?

There's a lot in Winter's mind right now.

"If I keep doing this, then what will you do?", Winter asked and her grumpy face wasn't as grumpy as before.

"If you keep doing this, tell me what I can do to help you. Or... tell me what I can do to fix your problems, Winter".

Winter was stunned. Again, Karina just being Karina. Caring too much for Winter, even the thing she cared about was a total made nonsense from Winter.

Now Winter felt slightly guilty for her wife. Did she act too much?

"Winter-"

"The light is green", Winter said and Karina immediately turn her head to the front again and Winter wasn't lying. The light is green and Karina needs to continue driving. She pushes the gas pedal again and continues driving.

Few minutes of silence, Winter decided to hold Karina's right hand and intertwined it with her own. She caressed the back of Karina's hand with her thumbs, slowly and gently.

"Aeri said something just now", Winter said with her low voice. Karina answered her with a hum and asked her to continue her story. "What did she say?".

"Aeri said you'll have a sex scene in your drama soon-"

"What-!", Karina asked almost like shouting, and her grips inside Winter's hand got tighter than before.

"What nonsense is that, Winter? I'm not having a sex scene in the drama!", Karina stated clearly and now Winter was the one who was in shock by her words.

"You will not?", Winter asked for further explanation.

"Yeah. Why should I? The character I'm playing was a wicked 25 years old businesswoman who's dreaming to fly to the moon with her younger sister. I didn't even have any partner or couple in the drama. Wonyoung did", Karina continued.

"Really?"

"Babe... don't tell me you ignored me since you came in because of the nonsense Aeri told you just now...", Karina lifted one of her eyebrows as her eyes were still focusing on the road. Winter was now holding Karina's right hand with both of her hands in guilt.

"I'm sorry...", the younger girl confessed.

"Geez... Winter. Even tho I was offered to do something like that in the future, I'm not gonna do it, for your sake. Also, for my own sake. Why should I have fake sex acting when I can do it for real~?"

Winter wasn't pouting and grumpy anymore, instead, she was blushing hard and looking at Karina who act so innocent after saying those words. Karina later just grin and then stopped at another red light. Now, looking at Winter with her sneers.

"Tell me what is the gift you promised me", the older girl said.

"Gift? What gift?", Winter is confused.

"Didn't you say I need to be a good girl at the shooting set and you'll give me a gift?"

Winter mouth now formed into an 'o' as she remembered their conversation from this afternoon. She smiled before showing Karina her tiny grin.

"Oh~ I thought to give you a massage or something", Winter answered.

"Massage? Only a massage?", Karina was slightly disappointed.

"Yeah. Massage. Why? Is there something wrong? You didn't like it, did you?", Winter smirked and Karina pretended like that was the best gift she'll ever receive in her entire world.

"No-no! I like it! What do you mean!"

"What are you thinking, Karina Yu?", Winter moved her body closer to Karina and Karina just gulped, pretending like she never thought of her idea from the evening.

"Nothing~ I'm not thinking about anything- Oh! It's green light!", Karina avoided eye contact with Winter.

Karina was silly as always, and Winter always telling nonsense as always. Suddenly, both of them cannot wait to arrive home to receive and give the gift. Both anticipating in silence while their hands on each other still intertwined. Both are shy, happy, and in love at the same time.

But it just took a matter of minutes, when suddenly a loud bang came from nowhere and their car was spinning ninety degrees sideways, and the last thing Karina remembers seeing before becoming unconscious is the view of unconscious Winter with her head slightly bleeding.

And the last thing she can hear was the ruckus outside the car and the sound of the ambulance siren.