Chapter 3 - To New Things

It was now 3 days before the event Promise was planning for Onyx and her nerves were all over the place. Some of the decorators canceled last minute so she was filling in the gaps as best as she could. So far she was doing a damn good job along with the rest of the team.

The place was coming along great and she couldn't wait for her client Onyx to see it.

She called on her best friend Xara for help and she said she was on her way 30 minutes ago. Promise now wondered where she was and why she was taking so long.

Xara was a brown skin beauty with a curvaceous body and exotic features. They had been friends since middle school after getting into a fight with girls that were bullying her for being different. Promise was popular in school but couldn't stand bullies and stood by her opinion the day she helped her. They'd been close ever since.

Xara had proved to be a loyal friend over time. They went to the same high school, and college and now lived in the same city.

They were young black and successful, with lifestyles that matched the money they earned. Xara did real estate and was damn good at it. She was the reason for Promise snagging such a beautiful condo.

She appreciated her for always coming through at times when she needed her most and would repay her greatly for coming through.

She had plans for Onyx to come by the venue and see her progress. Waiting til the day before or the last minute would ruin things if he didn't like something and she had no room for error.

"Prooomiiiseee, I made it" Xara shouted.

"Finally, I was about to call your phone and leave a nasty voicemail." Promise confessed as she looked at her friend.

"I'm already knowing, anywho things are coming along great. I love it." Xara said complimenting the venue.

"Things would come along perfectly if you helped, I'm tired." Promise expressed, exhaustion in her tone.

"Well good thing I'm here. I brought coffee from Starbucks, a double shot of espresso in a venti-sized mocha frappe for us both." Xara said as she held out the cup holder.

"Mmm, thanks for looking out." Promise said before grabbing a cup and taking a sip.

"Okay my client is coming by in an hour to check on the progress, I wanna have the tables and the blue lights set up before then."

"Okay gotcha, I'm ready when you are."

Both girls worked endlessly setting things up an hour had passed and they were satisfied with their work.

After looking things over again checking for errors and not finding any. She walked over to her purse to grab her phone and call Onyx from the number she had on file.

She waited on him to pick up after hitting the call button.

He answered after the 3rd ring. "Hello."

"Hi Mr.Onyx, I was wondering if you were still coming by to check on the progress of your event."

"Yea, I'm pulling up right now."

"Okay great, I'll see you inside."

"Cool." onyx responded then hung up.

*********

Moments later Onyx walked in with Quick and they both stopped at the entrance in awe. Coming from money they both had seen and been to some nice places but this was next level. He noticed Promise coming his way and took in her appearance. Her hair was in a bun and she had the wild baby hair look going on with no makeup up, she looked even better natural.