Chapter 10 - Secrets

August 10, 2021

The plan was now in full swing. Onyx was in a double relationship with two women and stressed out to the max. Things were going smoothly, but the fact that he could get caught at any moment plagued his mind. A lot was at stake so he played things smart by keeping both women separately entertained and satisfied. He didn't want to risk losing them but not for the same reasons.

Promise was now back at her place and Onyx was happy with that. Not that he didn't want her at his it was just better that way. He knew if either woman saw each other it would wreak havoc in his home and ruin everything.

It was mid-afternoon on a Saturday and Onyx was headed to pick up Promise from the hotel they were staying at over the weekend. He'd woke up early to run errands and meet with his connect that lived close by leaving Promise behind to sleep. They were in Cali so that he could meet her parents. But he felt it wouldn't hurt to handle business while he was here too.

He and Promise had flown in Friday evening and spent the rest of the day resting before getting prepared for today. Her mother was hosting a dinner for her father who had recently opened another location for his oil company. He was against coming at first because he felt like things would go left if they judged him, or said something he didn't like.

Promise by now had given him the whole rundown on her parents and their background so he knew what to expect. But his nerves were still getting the best of him. He couldn't smoke because he didn't want the smell to linger on his clothes, so he had to toughen things out for the time being.

The casual fit he wore was out of character for him but necessary so he didn't overdo things. He wore a Navy blue polo button-up, with black slim fit 501 jeans, black Vince Camuto loafers, and a plain Jane gold Rolex. His dreads were recently done in two braids that were tight and still looked fresh, his lineup crisp giving him a clean look.

The drive to Promise from the gas station he went to, to fill up nearby was now complete as he pulled up to The Ritz-Carlton. He texted her letting her know he was outside once he parked in front of the entrance. Not caring if he blocked other vehicles in the process. 5 minutes later she came walking out swiftly, the cool autumn winds blowing her hair that was now colored honey blonde with dark roots and curled in deep waves. She looked amazing in her white oversized cashmere sweater that hung off her shoulder a little, with hip-hugging black jeans from fashion nova, a chunky gold necklace, and white Givenchy shark boots with the gold lock.

Onyx was damn near starstruck every time he saw her dressed up and this time was no different, even the simplest things placed on her body did something to him. He unlocked the doors to the black-on-black 2020 Maybach he was renting while they visited and watched as she climbed in, never taking his eyes off her. Once promise got in and closed the door her perfume invaded the car earning a compliment from Onyx who was still in awe as he admired her beauty.

"Hey, babe." Promise said before reaching over the seat to hug and kiss Onyx who was waiting to do the same thing.

"Wassup beautiful, you look good." Onyx said biting his lip as he scanned over her body now that she was close up.

"You look good as well, I'm surprised you're not dripped in designer though. What's up with that?" Promise said taking in his appearance, he looked sexy to her nonetheless. But she was kinda disappointed hoping he would match her fly today.

"I didn't wanna do too much and give the wrong ideas." Onyx said shrugging as he put the car in drive and began heading to their destination. The address already in the GPS.

"Trust me, my parents are worse than me when it comes to labels. You wouldn't have offended anyone." Promise assured. She liked that he was taking things seriously as far as meeting her parents but would prefer him to be himself.