Chapter 14 - Truth

2 weeks later...

Omar's community center was finally finished and everyone in the city of Atlanta was in attendance for the grand opening.
People of different cultures and backgrounds stood waiting to enter as he cut the ribbon. He'd given a long speech before to give a promise on servicing the community. The cheering response he received from the crowd let him know that they had faith in him. He was content that everything was working in his favor.
The area where he grew up in north Atlanta was poverty stricken, but that was all about to change.

Once he cut the ribbon everyone walked in and he placed his eyes on Promise and Onyx who were stepping out of an ice white Maybach. Onyx truly was taking his role as the new king pin serious and looked the part. Omar smiled proudly and slapped hands with him once he made it to the entrance. He shook Promise's hand and looked down at her belly. Instantly, he thought about Cassidy who was also pregnant and in attendance. Both of their stomachs looked to be the same size and curiosity was getting the best of him. He gave his son a look and a knot formed in his stomach. As good as life was going for them, he didn't want it to be ruined with the drama potential that sat in his face. Onyx was getting money 10 times the usual amount due to his new connections and immunity. Omar couldn't help but to think why he'd get two women pregnant at the same time and ruin his success.

"You good pops?" Onyx asked with a worried look on his face. It was obvious that his father had spaced out with his eyes locked on Promise's stomach.

"Yea, I'm good son. Go inside and get my future daughter-in-law a chair and some food. Then come back and talk to me." Omar instructed before signaling his security to usher them inside.

Onyx noticed how his father was acting and it really had him bothered. He barely acknowledged Promise and the fact that he couldn't keep his eyes off her stomach spoke volumes to him. He made sure Promise was comfortable after seating her at their designated table and met his father at the entrance again.

"Onyx what the fuck is that about?" Omar questioned while looking around to see if anyone was listening in on their conversation.

"Naa, what the fuck was that shit you just did?" Onyx shot back.

"That was me being caught off guard at the fact that you got her pregnant." Omar spoke through gritted teeth.

"Pops, I'm a grown ass man. You really finna stand here and tell me who I can and can't get pregnant?"

"You think I give a damn about who you choose to impregnate? Look around Onyx, and tell me what you see." Omar commanded with his hand in his pocket.

"A bunch of people I don't fuck with." Onyx stated before shrugging.

"That girl's pussy must be killing your brain cells. Over there son." Omar pointed toward Cassidy who was outside talking with her mother.

"That baby ain't mine. You worried about the wrong thing pops." Onyx expressed before patting his fathers shoulder.

"I had eyes on that girl the whole time you and her messed around. She never once met up with another guy."

"So you knew this bitch was following me and ain't say nothing?" Onyx asked as he looked at his father with uncertainty.

"That's besides the point. I know for a fact that baby is yours." Omar insisted, he couldn't believe his son was in denial of his fuck up. Even Stevie wonder could see what was taking place. Warning came before destruction and he couldn't let what he built crumble.

"You forgetting that there's a day unaccounted for. Plus, I saw her in the store with a nigga that could pass for my twin." Onyx admitted, growing agitated that his father was trying to pin a baby on him.