Chapter 7 - Love & Revenge

The next morning

Onyx woke up out of a deep sleep finding the bed he had slept in belonging to Promise, empty. The condo smelled of breakfast food so it gave him a clue as to where she was.

He got out of bed and stretched his limbs before searching for where he'd put his phone.
After finding it on the nightstand he woke up the screen to look at the time.
It was 10 in the morning on a Sunday and he couldn't believe he'd slept that long, he was used to being up before 7.

He unlocked his phone and sent Quick a text to come and pick him up in an hour. When the text was sent he locked his phone and slid it into his pocket before following the smell of food that infiltrated his nostrils.

He walked into the living room and saw Promise in front of the stove cooking as he assumed. She was looking good in the black silk robe she had on with her hair in a loose bun. He crept up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist startling her in the process.

"Damn, you cooking for me and I ain't even piped you yet?" Onyx questioned whispering in her ear.

"Onyx, oh my god! You scared the shit out of me." Promise said before placing the spatula she was using to flip pancakes down on her glass-top stove.

"My bad shawty, you in here looking good and got it smelling good too. I couldn't resist." Onyx said before kissing her on the cheek.

"Thanks." Promise said sweetly before going back to cooking.

She was making buttermilk pancakes, pan sausage, bacon, cheese eggs, and creamy grits and didn't want it to burn. Cooking was one of her favorite hobbies to do outside of work, she'd learned how to cook at eleven. Her mom didn't know how to cook and the bland meals the maids prepared forced her to learn on her own.

"You're welcome, love." Onyx said stealing a piece of bacon before sitting on the island in her kitchen.

Minutes later Promise was done cooking and had plated their food. They sat beside each-other eating and talking about anything that came to their minds.

"You know you never told me your birthday?" Promise asked before drinking some of the orange juice she poured for them.

"It's February 26."

"Ouu, so you're a Pisces."

"I don't believe in that shit."

"Wow, that's the first time I've heard someone say that. Can I ask why?"

"I think people act how they wanna act and zodiacs have nothing to do with it." Onyx said shrugging.

"But it does, it's a lot deeper than the sign that represents your birthday. Some people aren't just ruled by one sign in their chart, which is why they sometimes have traits like other signs."

"Damn, what you do study that shit?" Onyx asked before laughing lightly.

"I mean yea, what's wrong with that?" Promise asked arching her eyebrow in curiosity.

"Nothing do you shawty, just leave me out of it." Onyx advised he was stubborn when it came to people changing his opinion.

"Yea yea yea, you'll come around eventually."

"I hear you, you did your thing with this food though. Who taught you how to cook?"

"I did, after getting tired of eating tasteless food that seemed like it was prepared for someone with diabetes or high blood pressure."  Promise said reflecting on the meals she had to endure.

"Sheesh, why you cracking on ya moms like that?" Onyx asked.

"It wasn't my mom she didn't know how to cook, it was the pasty ass maids" Promise expressed, she never liked the maids because they snitched on her every chance they got.