Chapter 15 - Cat & Mouse

5 days later...

Onyx and Quick sat outside of Cassidy's house dressed in all black. Sitting in a throwaway vehicle. They had been watching her front door for hours waiting on the guy he ran into at the store to come out.

It was 11 at night and they had yet to see his face. Onyx was pissed that Cassidy thought she would get to be happy after purposely ruining his relationship. He knew part of it was his fault too but how Cassidy moved forced his hand.

He wanted her to suffer and the guy from the store who he found out was her boyfriend was the perfect start. He could've had somebody from his crew to do it but wanted to get his hands dirty, this was personal.

As they passed a blunt back and forth and plotted on how they were going to go about taking him out. Their conversation got cut short when gunshots rang out, a few bullets barely missing them as they hit the car. They grabbed their guns and got out to return fire, and easily hit their target in the legs causing him to fall on the ground. That didn't stop him though because he got back up like he hadn't been hit at all, running and eventually making it to his vehicle. Onyx and Quick hightailed it back to their vehicle as well, ready to follow him to finish the job.

The duo followed the unknown man onto the expressway and fired shots at his back tires, causing him to almost lose control. He returned fire back at them with his head out of the window and sped up. This went on for 10 minutes. They exited the highway and unbeknownst to them were being led into a trap.

Quick shot at his back tires again before getting pissed at the fact that they were still full of air like nothing happened. "Mmcht, this fuck nigga got run flats bro."

"Buss a U, this nigga set a trap!" Onyx yelled in frustration. The all white vehicles he saw alerted him immediately, it was the Snow Gang. They ran east of Atlanta and had beef with Onyx's organization.

"Fuck!! We blocked in." Quick shouted as he peeped his surroundings. They were on a dead end street with the back of their car facing the dead end sign. Him and Onyx were faced head on with their enemies. He grabbed another clip from his pocket and inserted it into his Draco.

"Call up the team we finna have to shoot our way out this bitch." Onyx commanded before reloading as well.

Not soon after Quick placed and ended the call, more gunfire erupted causing them to get out and take cover. Using the car as a shield him and Onyx took turns returning fire hitting some of their targets. Onyx stood up to let off more shots and felt a burning sensation in his arm, it enraged him when he realized he had been shot.
He emptied the clip before being pulled down by Quick who saw the blood leaking from his arm. He stood up and tried to return fire too but it was cut short when a gas bomb exploded and different gun sounds erupted from a different direction. It was their crew that came equipped for war.

Soon after their arrival the sound of sirens in the distance alerted them, causing everyone of their enemies who were still alive to scramble like roaches.

"Come get my nigga up, he got hit!!" Quick demand before lifting up Onyx who looked to be fading in and out of consciousness. He slapped his face causing a scowl to replace the dazed look he had. "You not dying on me bitch, wake yo ass up."

"Fuck you." Onyx smiled before coughing up blood. He felt like he was dying, but was trying to shake it off and stay strong.

The rest of the crew helped them into an all black SUV and skirted off leaving the crime scene and two other members behind to clean up what they could before the police and ambulance got there.

Quick sat beside Onyx trying to keep him alert before growing concerned from the blood he kept coughing up.

"Bro you gotta be shot somewhere else beside your arm." Quick said before looking over his friend trying to see where else he was hit.