Chapter 11 - Suspicion

Onyx walked into IceBox Jewelry feeling like money and looking like it too.
The black cotton fleece Celine hoodie and sweats he wore with the words Celine in white bold print on the front. Paired with black and white Jordan 11's and a simple Silver Cuban chain was half the reason why as he walked into the store ready to cash out.

He was there to pick up a custom chain he had gotten made for Promise, being that her birthday was in 4 days.

They had been back from Cali since last week Sunday and were inseparable. Onyx wanted her around him even more now, and couldn't lie and say the sex wasn't one of the main reasons. They'd been fucking like honeymooners and had even got a quickie in, inside the bathroom on the plane.

Promise was looking different in his eyes in a good way, the adventurous side of her had him nearly hooked. The time they spent together was appreciated by him so dropping a bag on her was nothing.
He felt she deserved that plus more just off the company alone. The things he had planned for her birthday were nothing short of special and he couldn't wait to see the look on her face when they were revealed. The chain was just the beginning of what was to come.

Icebox was filled with people who had money to blow and some who were just pretending like they did, Onyx could tell the difference though. He walked up to the glass counter and slapped hands with the owner Rafi, who he was familiar with because of how frequent he visited the store.
"Onyx, wassup man. What can I get you today?" Rafi asked with excitement in his voice.

"Wassup Rafi, I'm here to pickup that custom piece I ordered." Onyx responded before pulling out his phone that was constantly dinging in his pocket.

Onyx unlocked his phone after retrieving it from his pocket, Instantly sighing when he saw who was blowing him up. The messages that displayed across his phone screen annoyed him to the fullest extent.

It was Cassidy reminding him that they were set to meet up for a date today. He cursed under his breath wishing he had never agreed with his father to pretend he still messed with her. She reminded him of what not to pursue when it came to women and he was glad Promise was nothing like her.

After contemplating on if he wanted to reply or not, he texted back letting her know he remembered and would be at her place later. He really wanted to tell her to delete his number, but decided against doing so.
It bothered him that he had to play nice with someone he really hated but the game was the game. Sometimes you had to play in order to achieve what you wanted. Onyx couldn't wait until the game was over though, he was at wits end with Cassidy and her issues.

He locked his phone back and slid it into his pocket before diverting his attention to rafi who was waiting patiently.
He had already went to retrieve what Onyx had came for and it sat waiting on his approval. The chain sat in a large square black velvet box on the counter, slightly sparkling from the light that shined above them. Onyx gently grabbed the chain and observed it smirking from the sight of the luxurious piece.

"This shit hard rafi." Onyx marveled as he held the chain that had Promise's name on a pendant with pink and white diamonds. The day they made it official engraved on the back.

"Yea man, only the best for you." Rafi said through a smile as he accepted a handshake from Onyx.

"I appreciate that, how much I owe you?" Onyx asked before placing the chain back into the velvet box and reaching into his sweats for his wallet.

"It's gonna be 28,000. Special girl huh?" Rafi asked wanting to know who the feminine piece was for.

"Real special." Onyx boasted before pulling out his black card to pay for the chain.