Chapter 4 - The Retirement Party

It was 6 in the evening on a Saturday and the venue was filled to capacity. The sun was setting and everybody who was somebody was in attendance. Dressed in all black per dress code.
The room was filled with great food, music, beautiful decor and heavy security. No one got in if they weren't listed.

Onyx was dressed in a black tailored Versace suit with gold trim and matching custom gold loafers. With a fresh lineup and retwist. He looked and smelled like money.

His right hand Quick was dapper as well in a black Valentino suit with a silk shirt underneath that had three buttons undone showing off his chiseled chest. Christian Louboutin dress shoes, and a fresh haircut that had his waves on full display enhanced his look to the fullest.

Promise was also in attendance per invite from Onyx. Most clients invited her to events she put together but rarely did she accept. In her opinion it could be unprofessional.
This time she accepted because she wanted see him again and after their texting marathon over the past three days he wasn't taking no for an answer.
They were hitting it off well and found each other's personality to be dope although they both only wanted one thing.

With Xara as her plus one they were a head turning duo. Promise was dressed in a black long sleeve backless evening gown from Roberto Cavalli that showed off every curve she possessed. She wore 6inch heels that made her ass sit higher than usual and a gold clutch that made her look pop.
Her long hair was bone straight framing her face that bared a natural glam look done beautifully by her best friend.

Xara was drop dead gorgeous in a black off shoulder gown with a slit on the side that showed off her toned legs she earned from doing yoga religiously, and black YSL heels with the clutch to match.
Her hair was done in a sleek middle part ponytail and her face was beat to perfection with a black winged eyeliner that made her eyes look exotic.

Both women had been mixing and mingling earning new clientele in the process thanks to their involvement with the event and Onyx and Quick's invite.
They'd been sharing glances and flirting with them since the event started all while enjoying themselves in the process.

Promise and Xara had no idea they were in a room full of King Pins, Killers, and notorious gang members. Everyone acted accordingly and never spoke or gave hints about their professions.

On the outside they looked like law abiding citizens and played the façade well.

*******
2 hours later

Promise was going over the decor with one of the guest when the room erupted in cheers and applause from the guest.

She turned her head towards the entrance to see what all the fuss was about. It was the man of the hour. She knew this because of the pictures in gold frames that she had hung on the walls of the venue.

He was dressed like royalty in a black suit with a fur coat to match. He had a strong aura about him much like Onyx and upon observation she could see where Onyx got his looks from.

Promise watched as he moved through room receiving handshakes , hugs and salutes. She had no idea what he did for a living but he had to be someone in a powerful position. He was late to his own party and no one checked him for it.

She was broken out of her thoughts when Onyx whispered in her ear from behind,"Why you look so good?"

Promise blushed and turned around to look at his face.

"Idk, maybe because I can." She replied smartly.

"There go the shawty I met in traffic, don't get choked again.", Onyx joked.

"Don't threaten me with a good time.", Promise said daringly.

"Let me find out you got a kink." Onyx joked.