Chapter 19 - The Perfect Plan

It was a week before Christmas and Onyx and everyone else was being released from jail. They all had separate lawyers so they were being released at different times. Onyx happened to be first.
As he walked out of the precinct he felt light in spirit, he knew what he had up against him but wasn't sweating it. The Judge had made a mistake when she approved his bond. He had the full scoop on Cassidy and her scandalous father. It pained him not to be able to touch them like he wanted to. He wanted to end Carter Philips and wait until Cassidy delivered the baby she was claiming as his to end her life as well. At the same time he knew he was being watched so he had to hold off on killing Carter for now.

He walked to the black suv that was waiting for him and climbed in. His driver greeted him with a head nod before pulling off to take him to surprise Promise. She had no idea he was being released today. During the drive he used a burner phone to send a text to trusted people in his organization. He wanted them to junk or sell every vehicle he had. He wasn't willing to risk being tracked or bugged any longer after word got back that that's what Cassidy used to get evidence. He also sent a text to Quick for him to stop by when he got out so they put their heads together.

After sending the text he broke the phone in half and threw it out the window. He rested his head against the seat and thought about what took place in the warehouse. He felt conflicted, the reality and life he once knew was anything but what he thought it was. Suave being his half brother had him tore up inside. He had a younger brother that he wanted to murder. He almost hated his father for not telling him the truth when it counted.

As his driver pulled up outside of the home he purchased for him and Promise he couldn't help but feel mixed emotions. The house was beautiful but he knew there was a chance he wouldn't get to enjoy it. He sighed and climbed out of the truck once it came to a stop and walked up to the door and knocked. Xara came to the door and opened it after looking through the peephole and led him to where Promise was. When he made it into the living room where she was, he stood in the entrance and watched her decorate a 8ft tall Christmas tree.

"I'm gonna go up stairs to finish helping y'all unpack." Xara whispered before ascending up the steps.

Onyx nodded his head then walked up behind Promise and placed his large hands on her stomach,  rubbing it in circles. She melted in his arms then turned and took in his rough yet handsome features. After communicating their love with intense eye contact Promise practically smothered Onyx with kisses.

"I just talked to you this morning. How come you didn't tell me you were getting released?" Promise asked before slapping his chest playfully.

"You know I love surprising you." Onyx replied before bending down and planting a kiss on her belly. "Why it look like your stomach grew overnight?" Onyx said as he stood back up to his full height.

Promise bit her lip anxiously. She was dying to tell him the reason her stomach was getting so big. "Come here." She said as she pulled him to the brand new white u-shaped sofa she had placed in their living room.

Onyx sat down and pulled her onto his lap. "Wassup shawty?" He asked before kissing her on the cheek.

"Sooo, you remember when I went to the hospital to check up on the baby?" Promise asked trivially.

"Yea, what about it?" Onyx inquired as he stared at her bareface, appreciating her raw beauty.

"I found out we're having twins." Promise replied nervously.

Onyx thought he had heard wrong as he looked at her and gave a look that read are you for real. When she nodded her head yes he couldn't contain the excitement he felt as he stood up with Promise in his arms. He hugged her as tightly as he could while tears fell. He had something to brighten the way he felt. "Why you didn't tell me when we talked?"