EPSILON👀

By Khionewrites

Kyra is a young girl, obliged to be constantly the best by her mother. 

The day she finally rebels to her, just one day, everything somehow manages to go wrong, ending in her transformation in a werewolf. 

But since turning into a werewolf isn't clearly enough for the poor girl,  she  is bestowed with a rare power, marking her as an Epsilon, the rarest type of wolf. Unable to control her power, necessary to save the reign, she also still have to accept that her life as a human has come to an end. 

Honestly, I might be getting too old to enjoy Young Adult.

But apart from my personal taste, this book is PROFESSIONAL.

It has pretty much everything it needs to actually be published.

If you're a YA lover and you're short on money, enjoy this book as long as it's still free.

POSITIVE NOTES

1. Professionality.

The book is not only completed, but rewritten for the most part.

In the first chapter, an author's note, we find TW (trigger Warning) honestly a big plus.

There is a good, not exaggerated use of images.

2. Complete universe

Not only is the book completed, but two additional stories related to the universe of the book are being published at the moment.

Were you to become a fan of the serie, you won't be starved.

3. Entertaining

As I said, I might have gotten too old to enjoy fully YA. But god, wouldn't little me have loved the book. You're a charming writer.

NEUTRAL NOTES

1. Revision system.

Ok, it's organized, it's professional. Most likely, it helps the author keep track of what she revised and what not.

Personally, though, I don't care too much about the revision and the symbol kind of confuse the reader. If somebody is a bitch enough to point out little "mistakes" due to rewriting, simply explain it to them personally.

BAD NOTES

Please, keep this in mind:

As the book is quite professional, I haven't seen much problems with it.

Therefore, most of these notes aren't a "fix it." Much more a "this might be better".

1. A little too fast.

Building your characters, specially your main, on different levels, is needed to a good story and a professional storyteller. Unraveling the character, after all your labor for building him/her, is satisfactory and well deserved.

Still, the elegance of a writer is deeply bounded to the way they unravels his/her characters.

If you're nine years old, you will put a mirror scene, will insert a psychologist scene and, maybe, just for the sake of it, a pregnancy arc.

Obviously, this writer isn't a beginner or a nine years old. The way Kyra has different levels of conflict proves it. Still: she reveals too much in the first chapter.

A simple conversation with her mother is the excuse to explain her relationship with her parents, her past, her heritage and her biggest conflict of the moment.

The way she looks at her thropies, the shining gold around her, the eyes of her mother... you have a very visual hand, which is amazing. Try taking out some of Kyra's direct speech and let your images talk for her.

2. Some stereotypes

I'm sorry as I type this, because I understand the effort you put into the book.

Still, some stereotypes kind of wear off the enthusiasm. Kyra, at the beginning of the books, looks a lot like a "not-like-other-girls". Inserting bullying is alright, specially in YA.

But there is many type of bullying and your doesn't look too realistic. Who the hell bully a person for "wearing her grandma's dress" after she declared her grandma just died?

Subtle bullying is worse. The one that makes you feel like you're inferior.

If you simply tell a person they're inferior, you look like a moron, not a superior. 

IN GENERAL: 

I'm not putting the book in the "masterpieces" section because, to be fair, even inside the YA genre, it isn't original enough. There are a lot of common trophies. 

Still, not everything needs to be original. 

This is a well-written, entertaining story that I would absolutely suggest to any lover of the genre. 

Also, considering the place we're writing on.... your success will grow. Enjoy ;)