Chapter 4: First Encounter

I hear the alarm sounding, immediately waking me up and turning my attention to it.

- Report.

- Incoming message from the battle fleet on the atmosphere my lord.

- Put in on the Vox.

The Vox turns on, saying the words.

- This is Maximus Sobotor of the battle fleet Ruskaria, the greenskins have arrived and managed to go to the surface. The warboss is with them, it is time brother.

I immediately stand up and approach the Vox officer.

- Contact Captain Hernandus, and whomever guard officer is present on the city's walls immediately!

- Yes my liege.

I walk to the elevator and go to the landing path where my brotherhood was already waiting for me

- We heard the message. Said Lieutenant Muriel.

- Then there is no need for an explanation, we shall go to the city's walls now.

- Roger that Captain.

The roaring sound of the Thunderhawk I assigned to be one of my personal vehicles, could be heard from miles away, as it breaks the air and moves like lightning, the vox on and the pilot talking through it.

- Captain we have arrived.

- Very well, open the door.

We step out as I witness the mass amounts of guardsmen, loading their lasguns, their cannons, mounting on their vehicles, my brothers, rallying behind me as I go to see the far distance, hearing the disgusting screech of the green skins. Captain Hernandus arrives with his forces and positions himself at my left side.

- I'm gonna say it is like 10% of their full strength. Said Hernandus.

- Am I the only one who sees this?

- Are you all watching this? I said, raising my voice and repeating myself.

- ARE YOU ALL WATCHING THIS?!

- YES! Said the rest of the forces with me.

- We are the defenders of an entire planet, and this is what they send against us? Even with their warboss here this is what they're gonna fight with?

- This is a cheap joke, an insult to our might, Brothers and sisters, forgive me for I'll have to order you to shoot their selfless bodies, forgive me for I have to make you waste ammunition, forgive me for I have to lead you in this joke of a battle.

- Brother we must start- The Captain is shutted as I continue my speech.

- But this is not a moment for us just to sit back and act like nothing was happening. THIS IS OUR WORLD, THIS IS OUR HOME, THESE ARE OURS TO RULE!

- OUR WORLD, OUR HOME!

- PURGE YOURSELF OF THIS SICKNESS AND RISE YOUR VOICES AND ARMS, LET THE FUCKERS IN ORBIT HEAR YOU SCREAM!

- OUR WORLD, OUR HOME, OUR RULES!

- let your brothers fight with all their might, let there an ally casualty be worth a thousand of the enemy, feel your power and you purge them, let your burning hatred be the flame and fires your gun, let your strength be what crushes their heads, I AM ENZOR CRALIUS OF THE CYBERIUM CRUSADERS, HEAR MY VOICE AND FEEL MY BLADE AS IT RIPS YOUR SOUL APART, FEEL THE WRATH OF THE SONS OF BRIMLOCK BURN YOUR BODIES, LET THE POWER OF THE HAMMERS OF TRUTH ELIMINATE YOUR FILTHY EXISTENCE. LET THERE BE NO REMORSE, LET THERE BE NO FEAR, FOR RUSKARIA, FOR THE BRIMLOCK DRAGOONS, FOR THE SONS OF GUILLIMAN AND DORN, FOR HE WHO SITS ON THE THRONE OF TERRA. FOR THE EMPEROOOOOOOR!

- CRALIUS. CRALIUS. CRALIUS!

The Guard started shouting repeatedly, raising their guns to the air and shaking their arms. I turn myself around and point my sword at where the Greenskins come from and just say one word.

- FIRE!!!

Silence is immediately broken, as a barrage of lasfire and tank shells fly through the air, hitting the ground and ork flesh, and the engines of the tanks, attack bikes and jets, roaring and firing their guns at the xenos.

- Are we hold this position and wait for the Greenskins to get closer, so then we can strike them and-

- No. I interrupted Herdandus.

- What? He says.

- You may stay here if that's your wish, but I will put your company and it's vehicles to good use as well as my company's vehicle.

- This was not what I had planned.

- And who are you to defy my orders? let us remember who was put in command of the entire planet's defenses.

- Very well Captain.