Chapter 2: The planning

Now before we continue, I must say, the name of the other marine is Perseus Cestiron, I didn't wanted to say it at first, for I thought it could be the mystery a little bit more, but already my true identity for you is a mistery, and I am giving away enough by saying part of my alias. Anyways back to the story, our protagonists were in a round table, this showing a holographic representation of the planet which was their destination.

This is the planet that hides the ultimate key to power. Said Laxares.

It is just like another imperial deathworld. Replied Perseus.

What we're looking it is not located on the surface of the planet, but rather inside it.

The hologram of the planet would change, showing a massive tunnel web connected to various point of this world.

This planet holds an ancient temple inside it that has provided only those who worship it, it's sacred properties, that can be obtained by drinking from it's water fountains.

What powers are we talking about.

The power of eternal youth and beauty.

Our master already possess those and even much more.

But he doesn't possess the daemon blade that feeds said waterbodies.

You're referring to-

That's right Brother, an ancient temple, dedicated to the worshiping of the unspeakable excess and the housing of said blade.

How are we gonna get in when the planet is guarded by the local militia? We're not The Shadow of Nasuta to send a swarm bringer for we lack the phsycer slaves to do so to call the tyranids, nor we are the Rose Belcher Venom to pass through the temples bizarre defenses.

You're right, we're not them, but we are masters of deception, infiltration and assassination has been our primary discipline even before the days of the heresy, even before he formed the Mambas. Plus, I've been waiting for the moment to use a new type of weapon. Come, I will show what I'm referring to.

The two would walk to a room, Laxares opened the door and Perseus couldn't believe his sight. Gigantic tubes, hatching orks inside them, psicker orks.

This is...how did you-

In many battles I have learned something, and what have taught me is that they never say no to a fight. So I've to capture some of their psickers, putting then inside these tubes and feeding them with raw warpdust, increasing their so called WAGH energy.

How much?

Enough to call an entire clan.

And you're plan is to launch them into the planet so the orks may respond to them?

No, I shall leave them in a nearby asteroid, after that the orks will do the rest, and we shall take advantage of this, landing at the other side of the planet behinds it's moon.

What about the intrusion to the temple?

We shall use my newly made teleporter.

Have you even tested it yet?

Yes I have, it can now transfer matter from one place to another without altering it.

And why not use it to get out?

Unfortunately the device is too unstable to support being used more than once.

Are you sure all our forces can be transported on that thing at once.

Positively, I have installed a separate set of pads in the hangar for them.

And the extraction.

When I launch the signal, the thunderhawks will be waiting outside the nearest entrance I could find.

And that entrance is?

An abandoned guard outpost that the cultist shall use, to distract the enemy while we search for the temple.

Very well then, I shall start rallying our forces then.

Go. I shall inform you when we arrive.

Perseus steps out of the room, on his way to prepare his army for the operation.