Act 4 / Epilogue: The hero

2 days have passed after the battle, all heretics were purged and daemons banished to their realm, and The Black Mambas were nowhere to be seen. The titan was now a bunch of metal and dust, water still falling from the titan's temple on the crater, forming a type of lake, Cralius' body was nowhere to be found, the only thing that was found, was the broken blade of his power sword, the warden was dead, and his soul now resting with the Emperor, as any son should return to his father, in some way, shape or form, but hope and faith is what he had, I remember watching one of the guardsman on his knees by the lake, praying to the emperor for Cralius to come back, I decided to do the same, putting myself right next to him, then another of my squad, more guardsman and astartes join this as well till everyone was doing, I stand, raise my voice and say.

Their sacrifices were not in vain, they lived as heroes, and died as such, risked their lives to save the planet from the terrors of the warp, Enzor Cralius, was the mightiest of Astartes swordsman and Commanders I've ever met and had the honour to fight alongside with, Vladimir Elquitran was the best leader this planet's people could've ever asked for, our flame now lights brighter and more intense for them, for every men, women and Astartes that died on this planet, for this is their home now, it's where their names shall never be forgotten, they were the warriors who built this planet, who gave it strength and fought with honour for it.

I take a moment to breath.

I remember reading one of Cralius' latinies, one that he never got to complete, it goes like this. Where darkness falls, I shall bring your light. Emperor, give me strength to fight. Where treachery hides, let me strike with your might. Emperor, protect me against contagion of doubt. Where heresy thrives, I shall die with faith in my heart, Emperor, let my sacrifice blaze in the eternal night.

In times of doubt-

I hear the sound of water moving, as if something was coming out of it, then I see him Cralius, regenerating as he speaks, with the left half of his cuirass gone along with his power pack, his arm, torso and head incinerated but... curing, not even that, they were regaining youth, as if it was a living miracle, then he proceeds to say

In times of doubt, I shall keep faith. Emperor, give me strength to fight, in times of darkness, let your light guide us. Emperor, give us hope to win, and in times of weakness, let your presence give us power. Emperor, give me power to defeat my enemies. Said Cralius as he raises the handle of his sword to the air, right above it the new shining sun was.

The Guardsmen then said at the same time.

imperatum vivit, imperatum regnat, imperatum ab omni male defendat. Over and over.

My squadron came to me and were stunned due to seeing me.

H...How!? Muriel said.

I looked at myself using the broken part of the sword I was holding, I finally saw myself again, a saw a man of brown straight hair, green eyes and prominent eyebrows, I finally recovered the humanity I've lost long ago.

The waters of the temple have some type of curative properties.

Amazing. Said Alexander.

Wait. What happened to the blade? Muriel asked.

We all look at the lake to see nothing.

It has returned to his master.

Who, Ascharium? Thormund asked.

No, Etore Pelta is in now complete control of that sword, and I assure you, this shall not be the last time we meet.

But for now let us rejoice on your return brother!

Everyone at the scene cheered me, thanking the emperor I wasn't dead.