Chapter 3: The game

Ascharium opens the vox of the ship with the intention of talking to his forces in the hangar.

Men, today's mission shall be like none other, our mission is to recover the ancient relic that resides on the core of this world, I do not promise that all of you may return alive but I do promise that your death will not be in vain! For the Golden Corsair watches over you as you tear the enemy with blade and bolter!

Everyone starts cheering as they listen to their leader's words.

Now, wait till the time comes and you enter the unknown you face your destiny.

The vox turns off.

Sir, are you sure the Corsair isn't gonna remember your escape and subsequent deserti-

The serf is brutally interrupted as one of Ascharium's mechadendrites with the form of a drill penetrates his head.

Don't be so foolish, of course this is more than just that snake eyed bastard, when I get the sword, I shall sacrifice this entire world to the prince of pleasure, and it shall grant me enough power to kill him and take over the entirety of the Mambas.

Back with Perseus, he was talking to some of his Dark Brothers.

Do you trust him? Asked one of them.

Absolutely not, but it's better than following Terasion's orders.

At least he did good at killing him.

But in the end we know he's gonna betray us.

Don't worry my Brethren, I have already performed my move. Said Perseus.

What do you mean?

I mean that he's on his way here, to punish that cyborg moron.

WAIT, ARE YOU REFERRING TO HIM?! said one of the brothers

You bet your armor, The Golden Corsair is coming to this junkyard, and I can't wait to see Ascharium's face when our master is in front of him, and Ascharium begging for his life, it is going to be a scene, HAH!

Perseus was telling the truth, his master was on his way to the planet, with his most powerful warriors following him, but Ascharium also had the loyalty of most cultist and half the marines of the flake battalion, not only that but he had forces of slaanesh at his command, this could end on one way, and that's war, a massive war.