00

Moon Kangdae was a boy of many things, caring, kind, and loving, and yet he had also made a mistake in his life that made him believe love was not real, or, at least, not something to be taken so lightly. Because the name written in cursive over his heart was no longer with him and it pained him to wonder if it was ever real in the first place.

They were young and in love, an innocent claim that not many people could say they experienced in their lifetime, though it was often something over-romanticized in stories and poems. To be free and in love was a dream for many and Kangdae could say he had that in the past. Looking back on it, it was reckless and just as childish as they were, Kangdae didn't have time for a relationship when he was busy raising his two younger siblings while juggling school and a part-time job but he somehow did it. But Kangdae shouldn't have been allowed to be so immature, so irresponsible to think it would ever work out or that he deserved it, he was selfish.

They were friends, best friends quite literally since they were born. Their parents had all met in high school and stayed in touch all throughout their lives. The moment Kangdae was born the pair were inseparable and never did anything without one another. Everyone could see it, the love they had for one another was more than just words and it only grew.

His name was Kim Seokjin, only a few months older than Kangdae and was quite literally everything to him. 

Starry eyes and dreamy smiles were always held between them, an unbreakable bond that could rival anything without an ounce of effort and yet... when the pieces fell nothing remained and the picture was lost to anyone that tried to fit it back together again.