12

It was to be a surprise for their fans, something would shock them and with something, management called their 'special weapon' whatever that meant. To Kangdae, it was all just a waste of time only for the fanbase to eventually begin hating them and leave them, it wasn't what they wanted, BTS didn't need another member but it was too late and Kangdae was finally called on stage.

The lights blinded him and despite the stadium filled to the brim with diehard fans, not a sound was heard as his blood pulsed in his ears. He was going to be seen for the first time and he just knew his platinum blonde hair was shining like a beacon, it only made more attention shine on him yet he kept his face completely stoic and his pace steady.

There were a few cheers, maybe less than half, while others gasped at the revelation that there was an eighth member and there was no turning back unless he quite himself or he was eventually fired. Kangdae couldn't help but think such things.

"Please welcome our new member, Kai!" Namjoon exclaimed into his microphone with a large grin that was much more beautiful than Kangdae could ever be. "Take care of him, he's a little sensitive."

Kangdae smiled at the man even if it was true while a few laughs came from the crowd. He raised the microphone to his lips, "I'm grateful to be here and I hope to make you all proud." He didn't know what else to say, what was he supposed to say?

The concert went well, Kangdae did his best, didn't trip, didn't stutter and he was thankful for that. His first show and it was finally done, he could relax a little bit.

As soon as they entered the dressing room, Jimin jumped on Kangdae like a koala, "You did amazing, Dae-Hyung, I bet they all loved you."

Kangdae chuckled and held the younger man tightly, "Thank you, Jimin, we'll see."

Kangdae would rather not get his hopes up about the whole thing, especially when it's about something he had very little control over. Even if he did everything right, perfected all his moves and sang like an angel the fans would still see him as a liability and possibly someone using BTS for money and fame when Kangdae definitely was not. The money was good and it was a plus and they needed it but Kangdae wasn't doing it just for that, he loved music, it was his passion and he was showing that to the world.

Even when Kangdae moved to sit down, Jimin continued to cling to him like he would somehow disappear forever and Kangdae let him. Hoseok gave him a friendly pat on the back and told him he did a great job, Namjoon grinned at him with his face bright red from the concert while the other four either nodded his way or ignored him like the plague. Kangdae was grateful for even the ones that despised him because they helped him in their own ways, even without their knowledge.

"Jimin-Hyung," Jungkook called, "I'm sure, Kangdae-Hyung wants to rest and you need a shower." It was surprising to hear the boy talk about him so freely like he actually cared about his health but Kangdae wondered if it was just to get Jimin off of him because of distrust.

Jimin groaned with his head comfortably resting on Kangdae's shoulder, "I don't want to."

Kangdae chuckled and shook his head at the younger man's childish behaviour, "Well, then let me shower cause I feel gross."

Jimin only held on tighter, "No."

"You're such a dork."

"But I'm your dork."

"Okay, that's enough," Namjoon told them, gently grabbing the clingy one and pulling him off of Kangdae so he could head to the showers. Kangdae gave a thankful glance and went on his way, really wanting to wash the sweat from his body, not before catching Jin intently watching Namjoon and Jimin from the corner of the room.

Had he stayed in the room, however, Kangdae wouldn't have found himself in the middle of an argument he had no idea what was about, only entering the room to see four of the seven members bickering loudly about something which abruptly stopped when they saw him in the doorway.

"Oh, there he is." Taehyung rolled his eyes and stepped away.

"What did I do this time?" Kangdae genuinely asked Namjoon with concern. He didn't want to come in between them and yet he was doing it so easily and without much of his knowledge.

Namjoon smile-grimaced and placed each hand on Kangdae's shoulders comfortingly, "Nothing. Don't worry about it."

Kangdae frowned, eyes flickering to each occupant in the room, stopping on Jin who was glaring heatedly at the floor with his arms crossed. "I obviously did something," Kangdae went on, "so, how do I fix it?"

Every pair of eyes snapped in his direction with wonder and confusion.

Namjoon shook his head, "You didn't do anything, Dae-Hyung-"

"Is it because I'm growing too close to some of you? I can ask to have my own dorm. Or is it cause I messed up at the concert? I can... fix that. Just tell me what I did."

Silence fell over them and it was almost suffocating.

"I can fix it," Kangdae whispered once again.