20

The others could see how close Namjoon had become with Kangdae and especially how he was always around the older man like they were glued at the hip. Jin thought it was because of their blossoming relationships while Kangdae wondered if it was because Namjoon knew all of his secrets and wanted to make sure he was alright.

They hadn't talked about the kiss and it seemed they never were going to and instead pushed it to the side like it never happened and focused on other matters like the upcoming music video they were going to film. 

Yoongi followed through with his promise and when it was time for them to work together it wasn't so uncomfortable, the two of them actually talking or making small comments about a melody they had put together. It was good and although it was slow going their friendship, to be honest, meant a lot to Kangdae.

Jungkook was also trying harder, smiling at Kangdae when they walked past or asking him to play a video game with him which he had to teach Kangdae how to play.

"It's ex to jump," Jungkook informed a very confused Kangdae who was slouched on the couch while he was hunched over his controller. 

Kangdae continued to frown, "Really?" He pressed it and his character jumped.

"I told you that like five times."

Kangdae looked at the younger innocently, "Told me what five times?"

Jungkook groaned and fell back in his seat, their shoulders touching and food wrappers sitting around them. "You're so bad at this."

"I told you but you wouldn't listen." Kangdae shrugged like it wasn't his fault.

"I thought I could teach you. I bet you're doing this on purpose."

"You got me there," Kangdae hummed with a fond smile, dropping the controller into his lap.

Taehyung, on the hand, was still very distant and was never in the same room as Kangdae for long but he didn't glare at him so much which was good. After the encounter in the bathroom, Kangdae had been curious about the younger man and tried to initiate conversations but they were ultimately shot down when he told him he had to go do something, vague and obviously a lie. Kangdae guessed Taehyung still didn't like him.

It was clear Namjoon wanted things to change and since he knew the truth he had to be the one to push Kangdae to reveal it to the person that needed to hear it the most. Namjoon stared at him for a moment, eyes rather saddened about something, "We're going out. You're going to stay here with Jin." He said as soon as he mustered up the words, giving a small smile that was so very fake.

Kangdae narrowed his eyes, "What are you planning?"

"Nothing." Namjoon shrugged innocently.

"You do know that if we were to settle our differences things wouldn't go back to the way they were? For us or for me and Jin."

Namjoon's smile cracked into a sad grimace, "... I know."

"Does that make your heart hurt?" Kangdae tilted his head in thought, taking a step toward the younger but keeping his hands behind his back.

"A little but I'll get over it."

"I promised not to hurt you." Kangdae took another step.

"And you won't, just do this for me?"

With a heavy sigh, Kangdae nodded with the weight of those words sitting on his shoulders, "Fine."

For a moment it looked as though Namjoon was debating with himself, eyes flickering over Kangdae's face with that same longing look before he finally gave in and gave the older and a quick kiss on the lips, "Thank you." He didn't peer into his eyes and left the room without another word, that kiss wasn't for Kangdae, it was for him and he knew it was his way of saying goodbye.