21

It was as if neither of them could leave one another's arms and even into the late hours of the afternoon, Kangdae and Jin didn't move from their spot laying on the bed so peacefully and calm, a stark difference to what the two were usually like.

The group had gotten back hours before but it seemed with the quiet they realised something changed and they didn't want to disturb that, even Yoongi hadn't stepped foot into his own room and they were both sure he was sleeping out in the living room.

It all was so surreal, so new but so very familiar and full of emotion that couldn't be expressed with words because there was still love no matter how much they both tried to push it down, they were each other's person and although Namjoon meant the world to Kangdae he couldn't change the way he saw Jin.

With an arm propped up on the older man's arm, Kangdae ran a finger over his cheek gently as if admiring the art of the Gods, with so much care, "Does this mean I get to call you bub again?"

Jin grinned in the most beautiful of ways with crinkled eyes and rosy cheeks that had captured Kangdae from the start, "That name brings back so many memories. I really missed you, you know?" He moved closer if that were possible, head laying on his hands as he let the younger caress his face like they were lovers again.

"I missed you too, bub, more than anything," Kangdae confessed and every word was true.

"I just hate it took us so long to get here."

"So do I. I would have come looking for you but after what happened..." Kangdae trailed off as his eyes did across the room.

Jin shook his head and turned Kangdae back to face him with a gentle touch of his finger, "I get it, it's okay."

So many unfortunate things had to happen for the pair to mould back together again, so many painful memories floating in between the times they really loved each other because that middle part didn't mean anything anymore and yet it gave them everything.

"We have to tell them," Kangdae muttered, lips pressed against the back of Jin's hand.

"We will, eventually. I'm guessing Namjoon knows."

Kangdae nodded, "I told him everything ."

"He likes you."

"I know but he was the one that pushed me to talk to you. Not that I didn't want to, of course, just took some courage." Kangdae chuckled to himself, thinking back on how stupid it had been of him.

Jin hummed, "Well, I wasn't going to do it so we should probably thank him."

Despite his feelings for Kangdae he did what he thought was right and brought two old friends back together in any way they they could fit, the edges were a little jagged and worn but they melded like magnets eventually and that was how they would remain. Even with Kangdae's love for Namjoon, it wasn't enough to set Jin aside and they all knew it.

So, as Kangdae sat between Jin, who was holding his hand tight much to everyone's surprise, and Namjoon, who was looking at anything but him, they knew it was time to come out with the truth and let everyone really make a verdict on how they viewed Kangdae. Every little detail was crucial and no one dared interrupt the pair, even when Jin was brought to tears and too emotional to continue, even when it looked as though Kangdae was unable to breathe and both Jin and Namjoon were there to coax him back, no one said a word.

"And that's the whole story." Kangdae shrugged, discreetly letting out the longest breath he could muster at the weight suddenly dropping from his shoulders, it was so freeing to finally be honest about one of the darkest moments of his life and there had been a lot.

"So you were forced into a relationship?" Jimin questioned with a melancholic frown.

Kangdae pursed his lips as he nodded, "It wasn't really a relationship," He confessed and everyone moved in to listen, "she treated me like a trophy, showing me off to anyone and not letting me speak for myself. She- I remember she forced me into a few things and I'm sure you can all guess what." Kangdae swallowed harshly, feeling the hand gripping his tightly, "She hated my family and tried to change so many things about me that I- I eventually just went numb, especially with the added stress of taking care of two children and the death of our parents."

Jin let out a sob he couldn't hold back, "I'm so sorry, baby."

"It's okay. I'm happy." Kangdae gave the older a sad smile and a kiss on the back of his hand. He felt Namjoon shift beside him and he quickly realised what he did, mentally cursing at himself.

"So, you two are back together?" Hoseok wondered aloud, eyes flickering from the seemingly happy couple to an uncomfortable Namjoon.

"We don't know." Kangdae told them honestly, gaze never moving from Jin, "We're just taking it slow and trying not to rush into anything."

Jin smiled, silently agreeing but he knew someone else's heart was hurting and it pained him t