14

Kangdae woke up the next day with his phone blowing with missed calls and messages, most of which were from Namjoon who had called him a total of twelve times and sent him almost thirty messages. He wondered why the younger was so worried about him but he guessed it was a bad look on a leader when of their members suddenly goes missing in the night, nowhere to be seen and no note in sight. Kangdae cringed at the thought, he kept messing up.

Quickly responding to his still oncoming texts, Kangdae flung himself out of bed and decided he would call Areum later to see if she and Minjun would like to meet the group, and see Jin again.

Receiving a larger than ordinary breakfast and a few more hugs than usual, Kangdae left the house with a small smile painted over his features and it made him feel good to know there were people he could really count on and for those people not be ones he had to take care of. It was nice to be looked after once in a while.

Kangdae met his siblings in a nearby park, one much happier to see him as she jumped into his arms like they hadn't seen each other in years. Kangdae savoured the moment, eyes flickering to Minjun who had his eyes glued to his phone, possibly talking to Stefan about how his older brother was dragging him to meet new people. 

"I finally get to meet them!" Areum squealed, being somewhat a fan of the group and their music. 

"You guys ready?" Kangdae grinned the best grin he could muster.

Areum quickly nodded and grabbed their little brother to pull him along.

"I saw the live," Areum muttered, "I'm sorry."

Kangdae opened his mouth but was cut off by a chuckle, "What? Did they tell him he was ugly? Cause it's true." Minjun joked and yet it didn't have that teasing undertone most brothers would have.

Kangdae pursed his lips and didn't say anything as they got to the dorm. 

As expected, the ones that actually liked or tolerated Kangdae's existence sat on the couch while the others were either milling about the kitchen or still in their rooms.

Namjoon was the first to jump up from his seat, "There you are, I was worried."

"Yeah, sorry about that. Doesn't look good on a leader, huh?" Kangdae shrugged.

"That's not-"

"I brought my siblings. This is Areum and Minjun."

As soon as those words left Kangdae's mouth, Jin ran in from the kitchen with wide eyes and he instantly embraced the small girl who squealed in delight at the sight of the familiar face. Even Minjun had looked up from his phone, not quite expecting to see the old friend of his brother's living under the same roof.

"Jinnie-Oppa! It's so good to see you." Areum giggled in his arms, tears probably filling her eyes at all of the sudden emotions running through her head.

"It's been so long," Jin smiled, eyes finding the delinquent standing behind an awkward Kangdae, "Minjun. You're so tall."

Minjun smirked, "Yeah, I got the attractive gene."

Kangdae rolled his eyes.

The three that knew each other caught up and the others mostly just sat there listening to what they used to get up to. Kangdae didn't much though he did comment on one or two things which were scoffed at by Minjun with the only reason being he didn't like his older brother so Kangdae quickly went silent and sat back.

"I heard about what happened to your parents, I'm sorry," Jin muttered and suddenly it was like the flood gates had opened and the two youngers couldn't keep it together anymore.