23

It seemed everything was running a lot more smoothly with the two childhood friends reuniting happily and yet that was only because Namjoon had decided to distance himself from the pair altogether and was usually found in his studio when everyone woke the next morning. He was ignoring the problem because he was scared and it was totally understandable but Kangdae actually wanted to confront him and that was odd for him because it was often him who was the one running from his problems.

But Kangdae was content for the moment, pulled away from a clingy Jin and forced to sit and watch a movie with Jimin, Hoseok and Jungkook in the living room because 'why not?' as Jungkook had said so casually. Jin wasn't happy as he yelled after them about taking away his human pillow but was ultimately ignored, Kangdae sending him a smirk over his shoulder. Kangdae couldn't believe he had the man back in his life and definitely couldn't believe they were getting along so well like they used to.

Kangdae scoffed at the television which was depicting a brutal murder, "That was so his fault." He said over the screeching soundtrack. Jimin glared at him from behind a pillow, head poking out at all the wrong moments and only scaring him more. Jungkook was doing his best to seem tough though his eyes betrayed him, shifting quickly around the room with his hand discreetly scratching his face. Hoseok was the only one that had been laughing along with Kangdae, occasionally booing and throwing popcorn at the screen.

"Like he was asking for it or something," Hoseok chuckled from the other side of Jungkook who had taken to slouching deep into the couch with him almost sitting on the ground.

Kangdae looked to the pouting man-boy beside him, "You alright there, little mochi?" He cooed and it only made Jimin bury his head into Kangdae's shoulder out of embarrassment and fear.

Soon enough the movie was over and both Maknaes let out a dramatic sigh of relief while Hoseok and Kangdae continued to laugh like they hadn't just watched less than ten violent killings with gore galore. 

The youngers glared.

"So, you and Jin?" Jungkook sat up and wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

Kangdae stared with amusement, "Me and Jin..."

"It's nice to see you both so happy." Jimin saved everyone from the Maknae's sexual response and took a more wholesome route.

Jungkook hummed, "Yeah, you must have missed each other a lot, I barely see you apart."

"If it wasn't for Jimin and Jungkook, Jin would have tied you to the bed and kept you there," Hoseok smirked suggestively and Kangdae rolled his eyes, of course, one of them wanted to go further.

Jimin leaned forward to look at his Hyung with wide eyes, "That sounds wrong, Hobi-Hyung."

"It was supposed to." Hoseok shrugged nonchalantly, popping a piece of popcorn into his mouth.

The sound of the front door opening and softly shutting went unheard by the three but as Kangdae peered up he saw Namjoon quickly rushing past like he was trying so hard to be invisible. Their eyes met and Namjoon clearly panicked, his pace quickening to get to their still shared room. He had looked so tired and drained and just not at all like himself, Kangdae had just thought the younger was just attracted to him and taken a sudden liking but maybe he had been wrong, awfully and selfishly wrong.

Kangdae frowned.

"You should go talk to him," Jungkook said and they were all looking at Kangdae with the hope of possibly helping their leader through his dark time or what seemed to be affecting him. No one knew what was really going on in Namjoon's head but Kangdae, and possibly Jin, had a good idea.

"Yeah," Was all Kangdae said before he was out of his seat and stalking towards the closed door. He knocked, "Joonie?" 

No answer.

The door creaked open and, with his back facing Kangdae, he saw Namjoon hunched over on the bed with his head in his hands and visibly frozen in place. His confidence was gone, closing the door softly behind him, "Joonie, please talk to me."

Namjoon let out a shaky sigh, "There's nothing to say." He croaked and it was obvious he had been crying, "I shouldn't even be crying right now. I knew this would happen." He shook his head and gripped at his hair.

"You're allowed to feel sad." 

"I should be happy for you," He turned around and faked a smile but he didn't once look at Kangdae, "I am happy for you, Dae-Hyung."

"Joonie, look at me."

"I'll pack up my things and move in with Yoongi-Hyung. I'm sure Jin-Hyung would want to be with you." Namjoon went around the room opening his drawers and throwing his clothes onto the floor without he even searching for a bag.

"Namjoon." Kangdae held out his hands at the frantic boy and yet he wasn't sure if he should be touching him in the first place, so they just stayed there in the air between them while the younger continued to shake his head and wiped furiously at his falling tears.

"I'm just going to- I'm just gonna-"

"Namjoon, stop!" Kangdae demanded, hands finally coming in contact with Namjoon's shoulders and halting him in place, "You're not going anywhere."

Namjoon faced him, a shirt still in his grip and his expression lost, "But you and Jin-"

"We just made up, Joonie, we're friends, almost strangers. You're not going anywhere." Kangdae assured. 

"I don't want to come between you two."

"You won't. Jin knows everything and he agreed with me." Despite their reforming relationship, neither of them wanted to hurt Namjoon in any way and they had made a promise that they wouldn't just push him aside because he deserved more than that, he deserved to be in their lives like everyone else. "You're my friend, isn't that enough?" Hearing those words come out of his mouth, Kangdae internally cringed, that was unfair of him to say and he saw it in the way Namjoon's face screwed up in pain.

"I don't trust myself, Dae-Hyung." Namjoon whimpered.

"I trust you. I trust you."