25

Eventually, Kangdae and Jin did decide to share a room together and Yoongi was the one to offer to change rooms, only making sure he had his own bed instead of sleeping beside Namjoon. Everyone was pleasantly surprised but with just one glance at the couple they could tell they would do anything to keep it that way, it was almost envious how close they were with their kinship and vast knowledge of one another that could cause them to have a conversation solely with their eyes.

It was clear to say, Kangdae and Jin were soulmates fated to be together and as the years went by it only became more obvious. 

Inside the Hak household, everyone gathered for Minjun's eighteenth birthday and it was more than just a group of friends forced together into a room, they were Kangdae's family and he knew - if they could - both of his parents were looking down on them with love.

"You okay, baby?" Jin stood beside his unfocused partner with mild concern seeing as it wasn't all that uncommon.

Kangdae hummed, looking away from the boisterous Maknae line and his siblings to gaze upon the beautiful man, "Yeah, bub, I'm good." He smiled, wrapping an arm around Jin's waist like a habit.

Jin returned it and moved closer, "I still can't believe our little Minjun and Stefan are together."

"It's almost been a year." Kangdae chuckled.

"I know. Reminds me of us."

"No, we got together way before seventeen."

Jin slapped his partner on the chest which only made him laugh, "It's not a competition."

"Time for cake!" Anja yelled, poking her head out from the kitchen with that blindingly warm grin of hers and quickly everyone gathered around the dining table to sing to a boy that was more embarrassed than thankful for them. Minjun hid behind his boyfriend's arm, face red and lips pouting while everyone only sang louder and more off-key despite a good amount of them being professional singers.

"Blow out the candles!" Every one of the youngers yelled in excitement and Minjun leaned over to do just that to which everyone cheered and pushed each other to get the first piece.

"Yah!" Kangdae yelled at the Maknae line and Minjun's friends, "the birthday boy gets the first slice." He chuckled down at his still red brother, tousling his hair.

"Hyung!" He whined.

It was as if they couldn't be happier and Kangdae felt as though he had never felt so light and good because he had his love back and his siblings were back in his life and the Haks were all doing great with Anja having another baby on the way. 

The fans knew of Jin and Kangdae's relationship when they finally announced it to the public a few months back, with many ship compilations and interview questions it was difficult to keep it hidden. Most fans were ecstatic to hear of the news but the couple didn't care because they had each other and that was all they needed.

Namjoon seemed to be doing really well too and his bright dimpled smile often made an appearance even around the sight of Kangdae with Jin and as they caught one another's gaze in the crowd they beamed with so much love and bliss.

"How are you, Joonie?" Kangdae questioned the man, a green party crown sitting atop his head with the confidence of a thousand kings.

Namjoon nodded, "I'm good, really good."

"Does that have something to do with you sneaking off late into the night?" Kangdae smirked and Namjoon gaped.

"You know?"

"Well, I'm a light sleeper and Jin's always kicking me in his sleep. I saw you one night while I was grabbing some water but you didn't see me," Kangdae chuckled like it was the funniest thing in the world.

Namjoon flushed, "Yeah, uh, I kinda... have someone now." He rubbed the back of his neck anxiously.

"That's great! What are they like?"

"He's great, you'd really like him."

"Well, I'd love to meet him sometime."

"I'd like that too."

Areum had also been doing well, she was majoring in Literature to head towards her dream of being a writer and was quite happy not being in any sort of relationship though she did get plenty of admirers. She was a hard worker that always put her family first and her passion second but, in Minjun's words, 'she never shut up about it.' But with the number of college friends she had accumulated she was able to talk nonstop about her classes and homework and poems she found really interesting, Kangdae was just glad she was able to pursue something she really enjoyed.

And then there was the rest of BTS sitting looking pretty with some having cake on their faces and a not-so-pleased expression while others were laughing and yelling out things that had no relevance to the situation.

Kangdae sat beside a brooding Yoongi and used a napkin to wipe the food from his cheeks, "I think it's supposed to go in your mouth but what do I know?"

Yoongi glared, "You're hilarious."

"Dae-Hyung!" Jimin exclaimed from the other side of the table, "save me from Eomma Jin!" 

Kangdae eyed his partner giving the younger a lecture about not throwing things at people and all he could do was laugh, "It's your fault, your consequences." He shrugged.

"Yeah, Jimin!" Jungkook yelled but it wasn't such a good idea as Jin glared at him.

"Don't you start, I saw you throw some too!"

And then, of course, Taehyung was brought into the mix when he threw his drink at Hoseok who ended up chasing him around the house with murderous intent. It was particularly hilarious when Taehyung tripped over Areum's outstretched foot causing him to fall.

Jin gave Kangdae an expectant look, "Kangdae!" He shouted with hands on his hips.

"What, bub?" He continued to howl with laughter.

Overall, the afternoon turned out great and everyone had a good time, leaving the Haks with a pristine house courtesy of Jin and his guilty Maknae line which included Hoseok while the last three watched on with amusement. Anja and Kyong joined them after being forced out of their own kitchen so the others could clean while all the kids were cooped up in the rooms playing a rather loud slasher movie.

They got back to their just as tidy dorm with tired eyes and minds set on heading straight to bed though there was quite a bit of stumbling.

Kangdae and Jin entered their own room, content smiles painted over their faces as they got ready for bed. Kangdae couldn't help but wrap his arms around a shirtless Jin and rest his chin on the shorter but older's shoulder. "You know I love you, right?"

Jin chuckled, finding the shirt in his hands rather useless at that moment, "You only tell me every day."

"Just wanted to make sure you knew."

Jin grinned and turned around in his partner's arms, placing his own around his neck, "Yes, baby, I know." He mumbled, pressing their lips together for a passionate but short kiss.

Kangdae whined childishly, "That was rude."

"What would you rather I do?" Jin smirked.

"I could think of a few things."

- THE END -