09

Practice had been quite hectic, with dance and producing every weekday for hours as well as singing and rapping and instrumental, not to mention etiquette and how to portray yourself in front of people, Kangdae couldn't catch a break. Their dance instructor still didn't seem to like him much and always pointed him out in the group when he did one wrong move, even when Taehyung had tripped he didn't say anything but when Kangdae stumbled slightly he got a wack to the head. Not to say Taehyung deserved such a berating but it was beginning to grow more than irritating. Namjoon, Hoseok and Jimin stood up for him when they could, and tried to make his life easier but Kangdae would rather they stay quiet for their sake.

Jimin was almost like a puppy following Kangdae everywhere he went, even to the bathroom and studio where Yoongi was quick to kick him out. Kangdae enjoyed the younger's company, he was like a spotlight to him, something that's seen when nothing else could be and Kagdae could easily say the boy had helped him out of his sadness a few times, even without his knowledge of the man's depression.

"Jimin, where are you going?" Jungkook had questioned the boy one afternoon who had a mask and hat covering his face as well as black clothing.

Jimin pulled down the mask and grinned, "Dae-Hyung and I are going out."

As soon as he spoke, Kangdae entered the room in just as much black clothing if not more. He placed a coat around Jimin's shoulders that was a few sizes too large, "It's going to be cold." 

"Where are you taking him?" Taehyung glared at the older man, receiving an elbow to the ribs by Hoseok.

"To visit my manager and his family."

Taehyung frowned, "His family?"

"Yeah," Kangdae nodded, "We'll be back around nine." Noticing Jimin struggling with his coat, Kangdae moved his hands away and zipped it up for him, getting a pout in response, "Don't look at me like that, I raised two kids, I can deal with this."

"You what?" Jimin exclaimed but Kangdae was already halfway out the door.

The Hak's were like a second family to Kangdae, welcoming and accommodating to anyone that passed through their home.

Kangdae had known Kyong since he was eighteen and they had been good friends ever since. The man met his wife, Anja - a beautiful German woman - when they were in college and had a son whom they named Stefan, he was Minjun's best and only real friend.

Anyone who knew Kyong as a manager knew that he adored his client and would do almost anything for the younger man, they were brothers.

So, it wasn't unusual when Anja invited the two into their house with open arms and a meal that was already waiting in the oven.

"Kangdae, how are you, my love?" The kind woman asked in English with her warm smile and thick accent.

Kangdae smiled with ease, "I'm good, Noona, and you?"

"Great now you're here. You know, Stefan hasn't shut up about seeing Minjun, it's all he talks about."

"Mama!" An embarrassed Stefan yelled from the other side of the room.

Kangdae chuckled and ushered Jimin inside, wrapping a comforting arm around his shoulders, "You'll see each other soon, Stefan, maybe you can knock some sense into him."

"Oh that boy," Anja shook her head before she caught her son trying to steal a cookie, "Oi, you little..." She hit the boy on the back of the head.

"Kangdae, Jimin, good to see you." Kyong entered the room and gave Kangdae a large hug as if they hadn't seen each other in years. "I thought you were bringing those kids of yours."

Kangdae could feel the shocked eyes staring into the side of his head but ignored it, "Apparently Minjun had detention so he stayed back and Areum had the late shift."

"That kid." Kyong scolded slightly though there was clear amusement. "Both of you come in, eat."

Everyone sat around the dining table, Jimin being exceptionally quiet but it made sense with the new people. Friendly chatter went around as they ate.

Stefan stared at Jimin, smirking at the way the older man kept looking at Kangdae who was having a rather animated conversation. Stefan cleared his throat, "Is he your new boyfriend, Hyung?"

Jimin gaped.

Kangdae laughed, holding his stomach with tears in his eyes, "You think I brought him home to meet the parents, huh?"

Stefan shrugged, "I mean, yeah?"

Kangdae's gaze flickered from him to a timid Jimin and back to Stefan, "What do you think of him?"

Stefan seemed to think about it for a moment, looking at his parents who were doing their best to hide their laughter behind their wine glasses, looking at Jimin who was completely red in the face and glancing around the room, looking at a smirking Kangdae knowing he was making his band member awkward and flustered. Stefan placed his chin in his hand, "I like him. He's quiet but he's cool and he has cool hair so," He shrugged, "I guess I approve."

Kangdae chuckled again, "Well, I'm glad, Stefan, but we aren't together. This is my friend Jimin." He patted the man on the back.

"Oh," Stefan giggled, "... I still approve."