Chapter VIII

Y/N POV

I was walking around town, talking to people and having a good time when I ran into Akame.

Y/N: Oh! Akame! What are you doing here?

Akame: I came to see if it truly was safe for me to walk in the capital without being attacked and so far, things have been okay.

Y/N: That's probably because people started tearing down Wanted posters of you all, which I was going to do anyways but hey, *Jokingly* I don't mind volunteers helping me.

I then watched as Akame gave a very small smile, which made me happy since my first time meeting her, she was completely stoic and cold.

Y/N: Well, I have nothing to really do so would you be okay if I walked around the capital with you?

Akame: I don't mind. You obviously don't plan on attacking us.

Y/N: Thanks-

I quickly grabbed Akame, shocking her and she was about to attack but I quickly reacted.

Y/N: Just trust me. Captain Ogre...

Akame nodded her head and we stayed in the alleyway and we watched as he walked by.

Y/N: *growls quietly* I never liked him.

Akame:Why?

Y/N: Don't act like you don't know that he's taken advantage of his position to get away with murder. I would have him executed for his crimes but you all made it clear that everyone gets a fair trial.

Akame: We Don't mean for people like him.

Y/N: Still...Seryu...She looks up to him and I don't want to hurt her without her knowing the truth behind who Captain Ogre truly is.

Akame: I see...

Y/N: Well he should be gone by now so we can leave.

Akame: Very well.

We then walked out of the alleyway once I made sure it truly was safe and sure enough, the coast was clear. We then started walking around the capital and I talked with Akame about many things. We then stopped at a restaurant and we were seated immediately.

Y/N: Feel free to order anything. I'll pay for it.

Akame: You don't get your meals for free even though you're the king?

Y/N: I could get my meals free if I wanted to, but that isn't fair when others are trying to make a living so I Gladly pay for my meals. I mean, they have to pay taxes so it's not really fair if I eat for free as well.

Akame stayed silent

Akame: *GIF below* You really are a good person. I'm sorry for doubting you.

Y/N:(*PIC below* HER SMILE OH MY GOD!) *blushes slightly* W-Why thank you Akame

Y/N:(*PIC below* HER SMILE OH MY GOD!) *blushes slightly* W-Why thank you Akame. That means a lot. I...*hesitant* I came across your military file...I'd like to apologize for what happened to you and your sister, Kurome.