Chapter X

Y/N POV

I was walking through the palace when I came across Esdeath.

Y/N: Ah, Esdeath. Perfect. Can you do me a favor?

Esdeath: *smiles* I'll do anything for you. What do you need?

Y/N: I need to get Captain Ogre to accidentally confess to his war crimes. I can't have him killing anyone else just for the fun of it. Just because he holds the rank of captain, it doesn't give him the right to abuse it.

Esdeath: Very well. I'll do everything I can for you.

Y/N: Thank you...*sighs* Seryu's going to be angry when she realizes what's going to happen to Ogre...*shakes head with his brow furrowed in anger* But Ogre's getting what's coming to him...

Esdeath: I understand, my love *Y/N blushes slightly*.

Y/N: Well I'm going to go walk around the city.

Esdeath: Will you be fine on your own?

Y/N: Of course I'll be fine.

Esdeath: Alright. I trust you to be safe. Bye.

Y/N: Bye Esdeath.

Esdeath then quickly grabbed my shoulders and pulled me in for a kiss and I happily kissed back. Once we separated, Esdeath smiled happily before walking away. I then walked out of the palace and just strolled through the empire. While I was strolling however, I ran into a girl, causing her to drop whatever was in her hands.

(Ignore the child for now)

???: Ah! I-I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to run *looks at Y/N* Y-Your majesty! I'm very sorry! I-I didn't mean to run into you!

Y/N: No. it's fine. I didn't mean to run into you either. *grabs the groceries that have fallen out of her bag* Here, let me help you out.

???: W-Why thank you, your majesty.

Y/N: *smiles softly* Please. Call me Y/N. What your name?

???: I-I'm Kije, your ma-Y/N.

Y/N: It's nice to meet you Kije. Would it be okay if I help you carry these to your home. They seem to be a bit too much for you.

Kije: S-Sure. T-Thank you.

Y/N: *smiles softly* You're very welcome.

Kije then led me to her house and I followed, being careful not to drop anything. When we arrived, I placed her groceries where she asked them to. After that, I said goodbye and she thanked me once more. I then started walking back towards the palace when I noticed Mine. Smiling, I decided to see if she would be willing to talk. While I was walking towards her, she took notice of me and was watching my every movement, obviously looking for any sign of a weapon that I didn't have on myself physically.