Chapter XV

(Art above is from itselott on Deviantart)

Y/N POV

I was in my room, writing a letter to Artoria.

Dear Artoria, Queen Of Britannia,

I hope you get this letter soon. I am very pleased with the outcome of our alliance. I must admit that it was an honor to fight besides you when the French attacked and as I expected, you have shown excellent leadership to your people, but what I wasn't expecting was your fearlessness and Will to fight. I am truly happy to have you as an ally and I hope you feel the same about having us as an ally. I wish you the best of luck with ruling your kingdom.

From The King Of Sweden, Y/N

After I finished writing the letter, I placed it in an envelope and poured a small amount of candle wax on the envelope and used seal stamp to close it. After that, I walked downstairs of my palace and gave it to a guard who nodded his head and left to give the letter to the post office. After that, I walked around the palace until I ran into Esdeath.

Y/N: Good Morning, Es.

Esdeath: Morning Y/N. I wanted to talk to you about something.

Y/N: Oh? What is it?

Esdeath: I think you need Royal guards. The first battle of your life almost costed you your life if ut wasn't for Artoria and I.

Y/N: That...is only slightly true...*Esdeath pouts* but I do agree with the idea of needing a Royal guard. Do you know of anyone you trust the be the OFFICIAL leader of the... hmmm... of the Livgardet?

Esdeath: Nice Name for the Royal guards, yes, and what do you mean "Official"?

Y/N: Don't act like you're not going to be by my side while also commanding the army...

Esdeath: *blushes happily* It's my job to protect you as both your future wife and general of your armies.

Y/N: *nervous sweat* I'm sure it's supposed to be the husband's job to protect his lover...but more power to you?

Esdeath: *GIF below* That's right, just agree.

I rolled my eyes with a smile and sighed happily

Y/N: Alright "General Smug" *Esdeath giggles* who do you think will be a great leader and I mean great. If one is to have a Royal Guard, they must be the best soldiers.

Esdeath: Her name is Uriel. I have fought by her side many times and I must admit that she's loyal to the crown and is fearless if it means protecting the empire and its people.

Y/N: Seeing as how you praise her, I'd love to meet her as soon as I possibly can.

Esdeath: *to a guard* Please go fetch Uriel. She'll be at the barracks, most likely checking her equipment.