Chapter XII

Y/N POV

I was training my swordsmanship so I was ready for the fight with Ogre. While I was training, I heard a footsteps slowly approaching me. I quickly stopped what I was doing and turned around to see Layla standing there.

Y/N: Oh. Hi Layla. How are you?

Layla: I-I'm doing good. I-I wanted to know if it was true. Are you really going to be fighting Captain Ogre to the death?

Y/N:Yeah. Why?

Layla: W-Well...My husband was a royal guard before he was killed and I was given his sword, but I was forced to hide it so Ogre wouldn't steal it when kicked me out of my house. I want to give it to you.

Y/N:Alright. *smiles* I'm ready.

Layla: Follow me please.

I nodded my head and Layla started walking towards the Am abandoned building and we walked inside. The place was in absolute ruin. After a while of looking around, I decided to take a guess.

Y/N: Let me guess, your home?

Layla: Yes...and it was beautiful until Ogre came and ruined it all.

Layla then walked down into a basement and I followed her and she pushed a stone inwards, causing a secret hole to appear. She then reached inside and pulled out a rapier that was covered in cloth. She then smiled sadly at it before walking over to me and handing it to me.

Layla: Here. This is his sword.

I then unfolded the cloth and was impressed by its beauty.

Y/N: Wow... it's beautiful.

Layla: My husband said it's also an Imperial Arms, although I don't know if it's true or not because I haven't seen anything different about the weapon

Y/N: Do you want me to use it to kill Ogre and then give it back to you?

Layla: *shakes head with a smile* No. I'll have no use for it. Please take good care of it in honor of my husband...

Y/N: *smiles softly* I promise, Layla. I'll give this Sword the upmost care....*nervous chuckle* Does it have a name?

Layla: Yes. It's Known as "Clarent".

Y/N: Hmm~. Beautiful name... anyways, let's get going.

Layla: Hold on.

Y/N: Yes?

Layla: I can only hope Esdeath doesn't kill me for this.

Layla then kissed me on the cheek before smiling at me, making me blush. I smiled back and we walked back to the palace where I immediately went back to training. Once I was done, I went to check on Sayo. When I walked inside, I saw Talia talking to her. I quickly said hi and went on about my day since I had mostly neglected my duties as a king, training to fight against Ogre. Once it got dark, I went to sleep and Esdeath cuddled up next to me while whispering words of encouragement to me, making me smile.