Chapter IX

Y/N POV

I was sitting on the throne, reading a book when I heard someone walk inside. I looked up from my book and saw Maria.

Y/N: Hello Maria. What do you need?

Maria: Y/N. It's the girl you brought here...Sayo? Was that her name?

Y/N: Y-Yeah. What's happening? Is she dead?

Maria: *smiles* Quite the opposite actually.

Y/N: *gives a loud sigh of relief* Thank the lord. Can I go see her?

Maria: As you wish.

I then got up from my grime and followed Maria into the medical room Sayo was placed in. When I walked into the room, I saw the girl.

 When I walked into the room, I saw the girl

Y/N: Hello. How are you?

Sayo: W-Where am I?

Y/N: *smiles softly* You're in the Capital. I found you on the verge of death so I quickly had you sent here to recuperate. Luckily, you've recovered rather quickly.

Sayo: Are my friends okay? Where's Talia?

Y/N: Talia is here in the Capital as well. She's staying here in the castle as well.

Sayo: *smiles slightly* Oh. Thank you. What about Ieyasu? Is he okay? He was with me when we visited that house. Is he here?

I hesitated to speak. I also almost started to tear up at the thought.

Y/N: I-I...I'm afraid that he was unable to survive. He was in such a critical condition, that I wouldn't have been able to save him and he demanded me to take you instead...I did as he asked me...and ended his suffering by mercy killing him...he asked me to kill him so the pain would end quicker...

Sayo didn't answer right away, making me worry.

Sayo: I-If that's what he wanted...Thank you for ending his suffering...*starts to tear up* I wish I could've at least gotten to say goodbye...

Y/N: I'm...sorry for your loss...

Sayo: It's fine...*sighs* Where am I supposed to stay in the Capital...

Y/N: I already have a room ready for you, just in case you needed one.

Sayo: Y-You mean I get to stay in the palace?

Y/N: Yes. Talia is also staying in the palace so she can survive.

Sayo: I see.

Sayo then tried to get up but Maria immediately reacted.

Maria: Sorry, Sayo. But I don't think you're ready to walk right now. Give it at least two more days and then you can try with help.

Sayo: A-Alright. I can wait. *looks at Y/N with a small, hopeful smile* Will you at least come visit me for those two days and more possibly more if I'm still not ready to walk?

Y/N: *smiles and nods head* I'll try to make as much time for you.

Sayo: Thank you.

Y/N: I would stay longer, but I have to meet with the prime minister. It's about trade negotiations with another country.

Sayo: O-Oh. Okay.

Y/N: I'll be back if I can today. For now, Maria and the nurses will look after you.

Sayo: Alright. Bye.

Y/N: Bye.

I then walked out of the room and into the room that Chouri told me to meet him in. When I arrived, I saw him sitting patiently for me while talking to his daughter.

Y/N: Uhh...Sorry if I'm late. Sayo woke up and I needed to visit her and tell her what has happened that I know of.

Chouri: No need to apologize. No doubt that when word gets out, your popularity with your people will grow immensely.

Spear: *smiles sweetly at Y/N* You're the best king we've had in my eyes.

Y/N: *blushes from the praise* I-I Uhh...T-Thank you, S-Spear.

Spear happily nodded her head and I smiled before standing next to Chouri.

Y/N: So What about trade negotiations?

Chouri: Well, The Carrican Kingdom are in desperate need of food due the bad harvest they've had. In return for the food, they're willing to send us Stone, Iron, and Leather.

Y/N: Hmm...We could use the Stone and iron for the wall repairs or we could use the stone, iron, and leather for making weapons...

Chouri: We could also use the leather to create clothes for our people.

Y/N: Yeah, you're right! So if we were to use the leather for clothing, we could use the Iron and Stone for the wall.

Chouri: So you'll accept the trade negotiations?

Y/N: Yeah. Arrange a meeting with their king and we'll work out the rest.

Chouri: As you wish, Y/N.

Spear POV

Spear: (He's even helping people outside of his empire. He's either doing it because it could benefit him to have allies, or he's doing out of the goodness of his heart...actually, it could be both.) Hey Y/N?

Y/N: Yes?

Spear: *Blushes with a smile* I'd like to thank you for all the hard work you've put into making the empire a better place.

Y/N: *blushes slightly and smiles* You're welcome. When I said i was going to work hard to make this place a better place, I meant it. *frowns* I'm more worried about the corruption that's still in the government. I know there's a few who don't like the fact that I'm making the common people's lives better and will do anything to take me down. Then there's the military...I know there are a few captains and generals who I CANNOT trust.

Chouri: Captain Ogre, Right?

Y/N: Yeah...I promised everyone that I'd give everyone an equal trial, but because of that, I need witnesses and victims to speak up and help me bring Captain Ogre to justice...

Spear: If you want, I can help you with that.

Y/N: Thanks, but I can't risk Ogre finding out...if he finds out, he'll no doubt start hunting down witnesses and victims. I need to do this by myself.

Spear: Alright. Well if you need us, we'll be here.

Y/N: Alright. See ya.

Chouri: See you, Y/N.

Y/N then walked out of the room and I smiled as he walked away.

Spear: (I know you'll become the greatest king we've had.)