CHP 1.10 (Part 2): Exposed

The very next day, Zhang Wei had to visit Grandpa Zhang who had rushed to China for some unknown reasons and the very first thing he did was to call Zhang Wei.

Right now, he was standing outside his grandpa's study room, his eyes looked at the door, nostalgia hitting him with full force.

It's been so long since I came here. I still remember how during my childhood I always used to play around here...

'Poppy, are your there?'

[Yes host! The protagonist is standing outside the room right now.]

Spy poppy reported while floating beside Zhang Wei.

'Ok.'

Butler Zhao: Young Master, please step inside. Sir is waiting for you.

He pushed open the huge door and immediately the smell of books and ink hit him.

Poppy hurried to enter the door but it was quickly closed, shutting him outside. He tried to pull it open with his tiny robotic arms but it was of no use.

[Ho.... Host....]

'Yes?'

[I got left outside. The door is too heavy for me to lift it open... W.... What to do?]

'..... It's ok, stay there and wait till they get out to tell me the situation.'

[Ok..]

Poppy dejectedly thought.

Why am I so useless.... I'm always letting host down... (。•́︿•̀。)

Wait! There should be another way to enter the room!! The window!!

Inside the study:

An old man sat on a wheelchair, even though his hair was completely white his imposing attitude and cold nature made even Zhang Wei stiff and unable to breath for a moment.

The stern wrinkles on his face melted like a warm stream after seeing Zhang Wei, a rare smile appeared on his face.

Grandpa Zhang: You're here.... Come, sit down...

He stiffly walked and sat down on the arm chair, his body ramrod straight in nervousness.

Grandpa Zhang: Have some tea.

Butler Zhao served them tea, Grandpa Zhang began to speak.

Grandpa Zhang: My child..... do you know why I called you here?

Zhang Wei: No... *Shakes head*

Grandpa Zhang stared at him for a while then a deep shame and regret surfaced in his brown eyes.

Grandpa Zhang: Why didn't you tell me about Zhang Hao? Do you.... not trust grandpa?

Zhang Wei was stunned, he had no idea how to respond to such a question.

Witnessing this grandpa Zhang shook his head, his voice laced with self loathing.

Grandpa Zhang: It's all my fault. If I had payed more attention to you this would not have happened. If only I had not gone abroad to live ... You wouldn't have suffered so much.... I'm sorry, I wasn't there for you.

Zhang Wei: No... It's not like that... It's me who is weak and a coward, it's not your fault.

Grandpa Zhang: You've been wronged... I am so ashamed of myself and that's bastard Zhang Cheng! how can he do this... to his own son, can't he see that brat's doing- *Coughs*