CHP 2.23 (Part 1): Lights! Camera! Mission Start 🎭!!!

A/N: I just wanna say... This chapter is hilarious! Hahahahahahaha...

ೋღ❦ღೋೋღღೋ

CHP 2.23.1

-

Lights! Camera! Mission Start 🎭!

ೋღ❦ღೋೋღ❦ღೋ

Lin Jin released a weary sigh as he faced the unexpected visitor. "What are you doing here?" he inquired.

The intruder responded with a nonchalant shrug, "Just taking a stroll."

Lin Jin was speechless for a moment. He composed himself and said, "If you're done, please leave before someone sees you here."

A chuckle emanated from Xiang Shen, accompanied by a narrowing of his eyes. "Are you concerned about me?"

Lin Jin remained silent.

"How CONSIDERATE of you." The mockery and derision seeped into his tone, making the sarcasm unmistakable.

"Look, what is it that you desire? Just state your intentions and leave." Lin Jin reprimanded.

"Why did you save me?"

...

*Silence*

...

Lin Jin's silence spoke volumes, prompting a smile from the enigmatic figure.

"Very well," he declared, the undertone of arrogance palpable in his voice. His eyes bore into Lin Jin as if they could penetrate the depths of his being, aware of the unspoken reasons behind that silence.

...

"Leave." Lin Jin insisted.

"No"

"Why?"

"I'm afraid my departure would leave my little peacock lonely."

"My name is Bai Yue. Cease addressing me as such."

"Is that a guqin? Can you play it? I was unaware of your proficiency in this instrument."

"You must depart immediately! My teacher is expected to arrive shortly, and-"

"Teacher? Allow me the opportunity to extend my greetings to your esteemed teacher."

"Are you crazy?!"

"Speak softly, they may hear you from outside."

"What are you trying to do? Especially considering your previous defeat against his highness."

Take that you arrogant bastard!

...

[Ding! Mission Progress: +5, Current Mission progress: 45]

...

[Ding! ẋ̶̬x̶̩͂x̵̲͑x̴̳̾x̵̦̉x̸̟͑x̶̭̔x̴̟͋ Value has increased by ẋ̶̬x̶̩͂x̵̲͑x̴̳̾x̵̦̉x̸̟͑x̶̭̔x̴̟͋

Current ẋ̶̬x̶̩͂x̵̲͑x̴̳̾x̵̦̉x̸̟͑x̶̭̔x̴̟͋ ẋ̶̬x̶̩͂x̵̲͑x̴̳̾x̵̦̉x̸̟͑x̶̭̔x̴̟͋ ]

...

"'His highnesss' when did you start addressing him as such?"

Lin Jin's eyes darted upwards, only to meet the gaze of Xiang Shen standing before him. Xiang Shen's soft grin was surprisingly warm, lacking the shame or anger Lin Jin had half-expected.