CHP 2.22 (Part 2): Would you like to purchase 'xxxxxxxxxxxxxx'?

◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◈◆◈◆◈

CHP 2.22.2

-

Would you like to purchase 'xxxxxxxxxx'?

◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◆◈◈◆◈◆◈

Lin Jin let out a sigh, "Get off me..."

...

Furrowing his eyebrows, he shifted his gaze toward Xiang Shen as he received no response and-

Oh fuck...

Poppy quietly slipped into Lin Jin's consciousness sensing the ominous atmosphere around Xiang Shen.

"Peacock."

"..." Lin Jin felt a chill run down his spine upon hearing that sharp, blade-like cold voice.

"Care to explain what connection this woman has with you? *smiles*"

"..."

"Connection? Haha, don't make me laugh! I purchased that little wretch with my own money, and yet she had the audacity to escape from me! She even dared to harm His Highness, the third prince! How impudently unforgivable!" The madam said agitated.

Joy: {*sighs* Is this Cao Mo's doing as well? How did the madam find you at the same time Luca was poisoned? This is too much of a conincidence. Luca will be in a tight spot as well after waking up because of sheltering you in his residence, he might even be stripped out of his status as a minister.}

Lin Jin: {Where is Qin Wenkai?}

Joy: {He's her-}

Lin Jin: {...}

Joy: {He's gone.}

Lin Jin: {Stay with Luca. I'll have to devise an escape plan from this woman again.}

Joy: {Watch your back. If you're caught... Be prepared to be abused like Xiang Quefeng was. Don't you dare die on us, white head.}

Lin Jin: {The problem isn't just this woman; it's the man beside her. He's formidable. Though, I think Xiang Shen, being the protagonist will be able to take him on.}

Joy: {Yeah.}

"It appears I've underestimated you, my peacock. After frolicking with men in that brothel, you managed to seduce Lord Huang?" Xiang Shen said standing up with a chilling smile.

"..." Why do I suddenly feel like a wife caught cheating on her husband?

Xiang Shen observed the individual standing nearby the madam, who was adorned in extravagant clothing and accessories. He did not like how the man continued to gaze at the peacock that belonged to him.

With a sharp tongue, the madam exclaimed, "How dare you not bow before his royal highness??!!"

"Do you not recall me?" Xiang Shen inquired with a smile etched on his face.

The madam froze as a result of his sudden query, her anger evident in her response, "Y- You- Why would someone of my level stoop so low as to associate with an ugly and monstrous creature such as yourself???!!! It'd be a fool's arrand for attempting to establish a relationship with me solely to evade the consequences!"

"..." Lin Jin was left speechless by her attitude.

Uhm- You're the one who drove him into ruining his face...