CHP 2.17 (Part 2): A Proud fraudster

A/N: Hey everyone, sorry for the late chapter, I'm sick you know TT. The further chapters might get delayed too... Anyways here's the chapter! Hope you enjoy it since it took me a lot of effort to write this... (⁠ ⁠;⁠∀⁠;⁠)

⳾*⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀*⑅*⳾

CHP 2.17.2
-

A Proud Fraudster

⳾*⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀*⑅*⳾

Gao Yuling: What does she mean she can't come? I PAID HER MONEY FOR THIS DAY, IF SHE DOESN'T COME RIGHT NOW I SWEAR ON MY HONOR AS THE LADY OF THE GAO HOUSEHOLD TO MAKE HER REGRET IT HER WHOLE LIFE!! HOW DARE THAT LOWLY BEING FOOL ME!?

The manservant bowed down apologizing to her again and again, the other party didn't bother with his apologies anymore. Gao Yuling waved her sleeves in anger, her feet turning back to leave when a slender hand with neatly trimmed nails and pale fingers swiftly reached out to her lightly holding her shoulder.

"I'll do it."

The young girl's blackened face instantly transformed into an ecstatic one.

Gao Yuling: You can? You'll really do it?

She was overcome with joy, those sparkling eyes were blinded by pure greed, she agreed foolishly without needing any explanation.

"En, I can make you the star of this banquet. All those eyes will admire and praise you greatly. But what will I get in return?"

Gao Yuling: Of course! How much money do you want? I will give as much as you want, just make me stand out in the eyes of the emperor and the princes.

Hehehe... If the crown prince takes a liking to me and makes me his concubine. I'll be able to live my life in splendour, father will be sooo happy! Fufufufu!!

"Then it's a deal. Don't worry I'm not fraudulent like others, I'll only take my money when the work is done."

The proud fraudster said with a genuine and kind smile.

⳾*⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀⑅*❀*⑅*⳾

It was a beautiful night.

The pale crescent moon shone like a silvery claw in the night sky, a carpet weaved by stars stretched into infinity.

The royal garden dazzled brilliantly with small and big lanterns dangling along the edges of the canopies and branches; the spectacular scenery of darkness being overcome by firelight. Occasionally wafts of various blossoms flooded, dancing along with the tender spring gale.

An elevated stage was set in the middle of the garden for entertaining performances, surrounded by a numbers of spectators.

The farthest left and right sides were occupied by important nobles and landlords exceptionally gathered for the grand event from all over the country. The interior sides were occupied by the imperial consorts, concubines together with other royalties organized in a systematic trend on the basis of their ranks.

In front of the stage was a dais. There laid a monarchical, royal dragon throne in which sat the emperor of the Qing empire, Emperor Song Lihui, aged but disciplined drinking the wine leisurely with a small smile on his lips beside him sat the Empress Xiaoyiren.

Just a step lower from the Emperor sat another man drinking wine with an indolent but crafty look disguised in his black eyes. This was the handsome and young Emperor of the Liang Empire who had just recently ascended the throne, Emperor Tang Tianxi, the very person in whose honor this celebration banquet was being held.