Prologue

Past

"D-dad, pls. don't do this to me. I don't want to marry, Xenon. I don't love him."

"Stop it, Amber. We already talked about this. You'll be going to marry Xenon Herrer whether you like it or not. End of the discussion."

The man leave the room of his daughter after he said it.

"Mom, pls..... tell daddy that I don't want to be married with that man. I already love someone else, mom.. pls. I'm begging you."

"I'm sorry, Hija but I can't do anything about that. You know your dad. No one can oppose nor defy his decision. Besides, you're dad only wants to secure your future."

"My future or is it for the company's benefit?"

"Just go to sleep Amber tomorrow is a long day for you."

The woman kissed her daughter before going out to her room.

" I need to escape from this hell. I need to get out from here. I'm sorry Mom, dad but this time I won't allow you to decide for myself." she whispered desperately.

Amber cried silently and prepared all her things for the escape later. She texted Lance that they'll be going to elope and go to the place where they can leave peacefully and create their dream family.

When the awaited time comes, Amber silently and carefully sneaks out to her room. She tip-toed like a thief in their own house, not to create any noise that can wake up anyone.

She successfully went downstairs. It is very dark in their living room but it won't stop her from her plans.
Before she reaches the door someone's turned on the lights which makes her shocked and can't move.

"Where do you think you're going, young lady?" a cold tone said.

Amber tries .to conceal her nervousness while turning around to face the man that calmly sitting on the couch while directly looking at her coldly.

"Do you think you can escape and run away with that bastard? I didn't raise you for that pest."

"Stop it, dad. I'm tired. I'm not a robot. Pls. let me rest and decide on my own."

"Robert, pls. bring your young lady back to her room. And make sure that she can't escape or else....."

"No, dad. You can't do this to me. I love Lance more than anyone else dad. I can't live without him."

"Shut up. You're not going anywhere. Do you hear me? And for what you did. You won't see that bastard ever again, even his shadows."

"W-what do you mean by that? What did you do to him, dad?"

"You pushed us to do that to him. Now go back to your room."

"N-no..... I hate you, dad. I HATE YOU"

"Pls. Let me go, Robert." Amber struggling but Robert is very strong.

Robert put her down on her bed and go out. Then lock the door.
She ran to reach Robert and stop him but she failed.
"DAAADDDD! PLS. OPEN THE DOOR. Dad, Mom...MOOMMM pls. Help me... I need to see Lance..... Mommm"

Amber miserably sits down on the floor while begging for her parents. She cried until she get tired. Not to notice that she was already asleep.

She woke up on her bed and Manang Celia her Yaya open the door and bring food for her.

"Good morning, princess. It's time for your breakfast" manang Celia smiled at her to cheer up her mood.

"Yaya, pls. Help me. I want to see Lance."

"Ahm. Sorry, iha Pero hindi Kita matulungang makatakas dito. Maraming bantay sa labas. Mahirapan tayo Kung sakali."

"Yaya, why they are doing this to me? Sometimes I am thinking if I'm their daughter or not?"

"Shhhh, don't say that, princess. Hush" pagpapatahan sa kanya ni manang Celia.

"Do you..... Do you know what did dad do to Lance Yaya?"

Manang Celia avoid Amber's gaze and tried to change the topic.

"Yaya pls. What happened to Lance? I'm begging you pls. tell me."

"I'm sorry Hija but..... Your boyfriend was beaten up badly last night and he didn't make it. Lance is already dead."

"N-no... That's not true Yaya...... That's a lie. Daddy won't kill him Ya. Daddy is not a killer... He can't kill my boyfriend."

Niyakap ni manang Celia si Amber. Kahit siya Hindi rin makapaniwala na umabot sa ganitong sitwasyon si Art para Lang sa kagustuhan nitong ipakasal Ang anak sa anak ng ka business partner nito.

Nang kumalma si Amber pinaalis Niya si manang Celia sa kanyang silid dahil gusto nitong mapag Isa. Lingid sa kaalaman ng Yaya nito. She plans to hang herself in the center of her room.