The arranged marriage

Not so long ago in a land that had been closed off for centuries, the city of Liyue Harbour stood tall and proud. Glaze lilies bloomed throughout the land as the salty sea air circulated through the bustling streets. Merchants were haggling their prices with aunties hoping to bargain a better price. The laughter of children playing echoed through the alleys and the sound of boats coming to and fro from the harbor. Up in Mt Tianheng, there stood the royal palace. Known for its ability to stay high above ground, the Jade Chamber stood tall and proud, or rather floated. With its golden arches and polished floor. However, the peace was disrupted by a distraught scream.

"No, no, no, NO! This can't be happening! What do you mean I'm getting married?! And to a Snezhnayan?!" Prince Rex Lapis, or more commonly known as Zhongli amongst the townspeople, was freaking out. His slim and feminine yet fit body was trembling, knees weak, face paler than it already was. His golden amber eyes were misty with tears that threatened to spill out as he gripped a pillar for support. A beautiful white haired woman was sitting before him on a golden throne, her red eyes filled with pity and sorrow.

"I'm sorry A-Li, but we can't rule forever. You would have to take the throne eventually and you know that. Besides, you aren't fit to rule on your own and you know that." His mother Ningguang, who was the current empress of Liyue, walked up to her son and gave him a hug. As much as she hated it, she had just accepted a marriage proposal from the Snezhnayan Queen, the Tsaritsa, for him to marry her son, Prince Tartaglia. Or, the only one open to marriage as a whole. The other kingdoms shunned the geo prince away, claiming he was not worthy or fit. The brunette buried his face into his mother's shoulder and the tears he finally held back began to spill like a waterfall.

"Please calm down A-Li. I know that this is going to be hard for you but it must be done. For the people of Liyue please. For us." -Ni

"I-I'll try...When may I be taking my leave?" -Z

"I had consoled her majesty the Tsaritsa herself and she said next week was best." -Ni

"N-NEXT WEEK?! MOM, ARE YOU CRAZY? That's barely enough time!" -Z

"Yes I know, I'm so sorry my son. I don't want to do this either but we must. For Liyue, please, Zhongli." -Ni

"Love? What's happening? Is everything alright?" A tall brunette with red eyes entered the room. She stared at her wife and sobbing son in her arms and understood what had just happened."I assumed you told him?"

"Yes, Bei. As you can see, he didn't take the news well." Ningguang sighed as Beidou extended a hand in comfort to Zhongli, still trembling violently. She gave him a pitiful look and gently kissed his forehead.

"It is decided. I know that you don't want to do this but you must. It's all for the best and you know that, right? You can do it. It's not like you haven't experienced worse before. But hey, you may be able to see some old friends no?" Beidou smiled encouragingly at her son, trying to show him the bright side of things. Zhongli nodded weakly, still trembling.

"That's the Zhongli I know." -B

Zhongli dismissed himself, wiping the tears from his eyes. He cursed softly, noticing that some of his eyeliner had smudged and got on his shirt.

Z: Why, why, why did it have to be Snezhnaya. It could have been Mondstadt or Inazuma but it just had to be Snezhnaya! Oh archons I'm going to die.

Zhongli hugged himself as he got back to his room. When he got there, much to his surprise, he was glad to see all of his younger siblings waiting for him there.

"We wanted to spend the rest of your last week with you so we helped you pack." Albedo, the third oldest, pushed back a lock of his messy ash blonde hair. His turquoise eyes looked at his brother's own golden amber ones, knowing what had happened. Nothing more was needed to be said.