The wedding (1)

A month later, it was finally the day everyone had been anticipating. The unity of Liyue and Snezhnaya as well as the marriage between the eldest Geo prince and the youngest Fatui harbinger. It was a clear crisp winter's day, snowflakes gently falling as the wind blew in all sorts of directions. The venue was in Snezhnaya, the grand ballroom used for events. Thousands of chairs had been laid out covered in shimmering white silk, some of Liyue's finest brocades made by Ningguang herself. Many people were already there, along with the other ten harbingers who had come to watch their little brother get married. Graceful enchanted narwhals danced across the ceiling, meeting with the stone dragon that was almost too lifelike to be made out of stone. A few rooms away, Childe, Aether, Kaeya, Diluc, Itto, Albedo and Gorou were about to go to the aisle and wait for the male bride. Childe ultimately chose Aether to be his best man but that was because Aether was his closest friend. He offered Pulcinella the post but he declined as he said that Childe should choose someone younger and more trustable. Childe was leaning over a desk, the amounts of excitement and nervousness getting to him as he was about to be married to his beloved Zhongli. It was hard to think that the couple had only met six months ago just by looking at them.

"Yo, Tartaglia. Are you alright? You're sweating and shaking a lot." Itto looked at Childe hunched over a desk. Despite it being winter, Childe was sweating like he was in a Sumeru desert. Clad in his Fatui coat with the elaborate fluffy fur collar, long white silk body and several fancy rubies hanging at odd angles, red scarf that he seemed to never take off, black dress pants and the same half heart noticulous jade necklace he bought for Zhongli. He gave a weak nod at them but Gorou knew he was lying.

"You know, mom and mom got married against their parents wishes. They both ran away together while they were still teens and according to them, the gods took pity on them and that's how they became pregnant. Except I'm the only adopted child so that is why me and Itto are together. And no, it's not incest. It's a bring your boyfriend home and he becomes part of the family situation." Gorou fiddled with the earring on his dog ear while explaining to Childe.

"Your mothers are really brave." Childe had calmed down enough to speak.

"I guess that's where we all get it from." Albedo was sitting still, observing a bird, while Kaeya was braiding more flowers into Albedo's hair.

"Guys, it's time." Aether checked the clock. Eight fifty five. Just in time. They all got up and left for the ballroom.

"WAIT!" A soft familiar voice had stopped the men in their tracks. Lumine had run up to them bowing her head to hide her face as much as possible. She still looked the same, in a shimmering blue dress that was held up by two strings that intersected over her collar bones. Two lilies were situated on a thin brown belt.

"What do you want?" Childe, who used to look at this girl with so much respect and admiration was now glaring at her like the most worthless piece of shit.

"I'm really sorry. For everything. I know that just saying sorry can't fix all the harm I caused but I just wanted you to know that I'm sorry." Lumine kept her head low, waiting for Childe's response.

"...I can't forgive you just yet, but thanks anyway...Lumine." Childe nodded at her, still glaring. Lumine had a hurt expression on her face but soon went to her usual smiling self.

"Thank you Childe!" She gave him a bright smile before walking off to take her seat.

"Let's get a move on gentlemen, or we may miss the big day." Childe waved the men away from the blonde girl and when they opened the doors, the sound of applause greeted their ears. Childe walked his way down the aisle and stood next to the pedestal, Pantalone at the altar.

"Congrats Tartaglia." He smirked at the nervous awkward ginger next to him.

"Thanks." Childe was going to say more but was interrupted by another voice (or voices), Columbina, Yun Jin, Barbara, Venti and Xinyan had started the bridal walk. The minute the music started, the doors flung open and Noelle, Ganyu, Hu Tao and Tonia entered the hall, throwing flowers everywhere. Next came Xiao, carrying a pillow with the wedding rings. Now was the person everyone had been waiting to see. As the figure solidified from the blinding white light of winter, an audible gasp escaped Childe's lips. There, in all his glory, stood Zhongli. He was wearing a white hanfu, but unlike the other ones he wore, this one had a corset embedded with cor lapis and amber that framed his small waist perfectly. Long flowy sleeves were made out of thin yet warm silk and had ornate decorations at the shoulders and ends of the sleeves. The lower half was long and more complicated than his normal ones with multiple layers of light amber, gold and white overlapping each other, all held together by a thin gold belt. Along his bodice was a gold chinese dragon with noticulous jade for eyes. And on his neck was the other half to Childe's necklace but it was made out of cor lapis. In his arms were a generous amount of Qingxin, Silk Flowers and Glaze Lilies wrapped in a light blue cloth secured with orange and blue stones threaded together. Zhongli had his hair down and multiple smaller flowers had been intertwined with his long amber tipped hair. A glaze lily sat upon his ear and his usual red eyeliner was now accompanied with some light rouge and a touch of lipgloss. But unlike most make up, it highlighted his features more just as his daily eyeliner did to his eyes. Speaking of which, Childe had noticed that Zhongli decided to be in his dragon form, which surprised Childe that he failed to notice it sooner from all his extensive staring. His amber horns were longer and curvier, with flowers, jewels and gold adorning each one and his long fluffy tail seemed to be in better shape than when Childe last saw it. The brunette was beaming brightly, more than ever. Beidou was leading him down the aisle in place of the father figure because she was his dad. Childe heard several gasps besides his own when the male bride had entered but brushed it off once his soon to be male wife was right in front of him. The wedding vows went on and on until the part when they said their 'I dos'.

"Do you, Zhongli, Prince of Liyue and heir to the Liyuen throne, take Childe, Prince of Snezhnaya, youngest Fatui Harbinger and heir to the Snezhnayan throne as your husband?" Pantalone turned to the very red Zhongli, who seemed almost as red as Diluc's hair because of the rouge, and waited for his response.

"YES!" He may have said that a bit too exuberantly as he half screamed it.

"Well, do you Childe, Prince of Snezhnaya, youngest Fatui Harbinger and heir to the Snezhnayan throne take Zhongli, Prince of Liyue and heir to the Liyuen throne as your wife?" When Pantalone said this, Childe felt all eyes on him. Thoughts of doubt invaded his mind. Taking a deep breath, Childe cleared his mind and replied.

"I do." Childe's voice was loud and clear for everyone to hear.
"That's settled. You may now kiss the bri- oh." Before Pantalone could finish, Childe had grabbed Zhongli by his tiny waist and smashed him against his own body, crashing their lips together and the forcefulness of the kiss caused their teeth to clack together. Caught off guard, Zhongli was unprepared for the sudden kiss but adapted quickly by moving his arms to Childe's neck and hooked his glowing charcoal arms on Childe's shoulders. At that, cheers from the entire hall erupted, multiple items including a shovel and spear were thrown into the air. The two males pulled apart only to put on the ring on Zhongli's fingers and then Childe lifted Zhongli's legs off the floor and positioned him in a bridal carry. At long last the ginger and brunette were together, fate sealing both of their paths to each other until the day they die. They did all the formal stuff like the marriage contracts and reception before they could actually catch a break. Looking lovingly at one another, Childe finally spoke.

"You did wonderful, dear." Childe lifted a hand and caressed his wife's cheek.

"You too love." Zhongli reached up to the hand with his own free hand and gently squeezed it.

"Congratulations Morax." Ei walked up to the newlyweds and gave them a large bottle. She wore a purple traditional Japanese kimono with a Sakura pink sash but it had a boob hole. "Don't tell Barbatos."

"What are you not telling me?" Venti was still in his bard outfit but it was a bit fancier. In terms that there was more embroidery and shades than his normal one. He tilted his head as Zhongli quickly hid the sake behind him. "Well anyway, congrats you two. When are the babies?"

This question made Zhongli turn red again.

"Very soon, I assure you." Childe wasn't sure if it was even possible but whether they were biological or adopted, either way he wanted kids.

"Childe!" Zhongli turned around and lightly smacked his husband.

"We'll let the couple fight but we're doing more things soon. Like in fuve minutes." Ei pulled Venti by the braids away from them. Zhongli positioned himself to be seated on Childe's lap, arms clinging to his meaty chest.

"But if you want kids, I have a woman form." Zhongli lowered his voice to a mere whisper in that sentence.

"Wait...what?" Childe exe has stopped working. Zhongli with breasts as big as his (her?) ass asking Childe to get him(her?) pregnant?

"If you wanted." Zhongli was still embarrassed from suggesting such a thing.
"I - uh - yes - if you - hah." Sentences had been reduced to mere mumbling or fragments of a sentence.

"OH LOOK! WE SHOULD PROBABLY GO!" Zhongli was desperate to end the awkward energy. Nodding, Childe led Zhongli back to the crowds.

Words: 1749