He's alive?!

Ningguang was on the floor, sobbing wildly. Noelle was restraining Xiao, who was screaming his lungs out. Childe felt as broken as them. His lover' fac was in his lap, peaceful...it was already feeling wax like...Wax?

"Wax?!" Childe gasped in shock. Yun Jin ran to the supposed 'body'.

"It is..." Her jaw dropped. "He's alive..."

"He's alive?!" Beidou had the same look of shock as she was comforting her wife.

"Bullshit!" Xiao yelled, voice hoarse.

"Language!" A voice called from behind the buildings. It was so...familiar. Childe swore he had heard it. Heard it everywhere.

"Li..." Noelle had let Xiao go. The teal haired boy rushed to the 'corpse' to see if it was wax.

"This man faked his bloody death?!" Albedo looked undignified as Gorou went to find the ounce of the sound. At last, the boy walked out of the shadows, a taller bloodied brunette limping after him. There was a silence that followed.

"Not wax?" Itto gave a small noise of surprise.

"Nope." Gorou set his brother on the floor. Once he was down, Childe, Ningguang and Xiao all jumped on him, crying.

"You are in so much trouble!" Ningguang said but she still hugged him tightly.

"I know..." Zhongli replied in a raspy voice.

"Let's give him some space, Ning." Beidou pulled her wife away. CHilde nodded to her in thanks as Xiao also got up.

"Childe, be a dear and take him to rest." Ningguang said in between sobs. "I'll deal with him later."

Childe nodded but saw that the brunette in his arms was slightly scared when she said that.

"Not the slipper..." He mumbled. Childe gave a weak laugh, still crying. He carried Zhongli back to the Jade Chamber as was asked of him. Childe brought him to his room and laid him on the bed as he began to patch up the older male.

"I'm so glad you're alive..." The ginger smiled as he kissed the now bandaged hand.

"I'm an archon. You couldn't get rid of me even if you tried." Zhongli teased him, blushing slightly at the kiss but no one could tell if it was blush or the blood stains that made his face red.

"Well, that was oddly comforting." Childe laid on the bed and hugged the brunette tightly. "Rest well, милый (darling)."

It took a day for Zhongli to recover, but he didn't manage to escape Ningguang's scolding. And yes, he did get the slipper.

"Even if you are a god, I am still your mother and you're my son. Now, don't pull anything like that again without telling me." Ningguang had arrived at the room that morning, just after Childe had finished feeding Zhongli to give him a lecture about the fake death. She then took out a slipper and hardened it with geo and threw it at him, hitting the brunette squarely in the forehead. When she finished, Ningguang walked forward and hugged Zhongli, rubbing his forehead. "I'm so glad you're safe, my little dragon. And Childe, I'm glad my son is marrying someone like you."

"I-It was nothing." Childe got flustered from the sudden attention. And he was also understanding why Zhongli hated the kipper. "Don't give Tsaritsa ideas..."

"I won't, I won't. Well then, you two are going to be very busy these next few weeks as the wedding is next month and both of you have only chosen the rings. A-Li, come to my office at three and don't be late." Ningguang left the couple alone in the room again. The ginger's attention was now shifted to some soft whimpering beside him.

"Baobei? What's wrong?" Childe once again positioned the male on his lap, letting him rest into the crook of his neck once more.

"I'm sorry...about what happened back there." Zhongli raised his arms and hugged the ginger's neck. He was close to tears, remembering the incident that started this whole war.

"Don't be. We both were confused and angry. I should be sorry...but everything's fine. We still have each other." Childe hugged back and inhaled the familiar scent of glaze lilies and osmanthus wine.

"I'm also nervous...about the wedding. I'm happy with marrying you but I haven't been married in four thousand years." Zhongli's voice sounded small and frail, unlike his usual deep and calming tone.

"I understand the idea of marriage must be scary. But at least it's with you and not Lumine. We'll do this together." Childe once again ran his fingers through the long brown hair he loved so much.

"Thank you, Ajax. I feel better now." Zhongli tightened his grip. The two stayed there hugging until Childe looked at the clock.

"Archons, it's two forty nine." Childe was staring at an ornate clock on a desk.

"Oh god, I've got to go now. If not, mom's going to have another thing to lecture me about." Zhongli literally jumped out of the bed and made his way to the closet and pulled out some clothes and quickly changed. In front of Childe. The ginger was admiring his fiance's muscles and curves on the body he loved so much. He was too busy caught up in thought to notice that Zhongli had already left the room. Now he was alone again. But instead of sulking and being jealous as usual, Childe went out to help the rebuilding of the docks. Signora, Scara and Dottore had left after the battle to report to Tsaritsa about what happened. When Childe reached there, he saw his copycat and his boyfriend. A lot of heavy lifting was needed with the amount of wood that was needed. At five in the evening, the docks were almost complete. Beidou said the kids could rest and they all retreated into the Jade Chamber. There, Zhongli was resting, Ganyu, Hu Tao and Xiao were all there as well.

"Welcome back guys." Hu Tao had held a ghost by the tail. Once she let it go, it flew everywhere like a deflated balloon.

"We're done on our end. How's the docks going?" Ganyu put down the book she was reading.

"Nearly done. Should be finished by tonight." Childe sat down next to Zhongli, who was drinking some steaming osmanthus wine, and hugged him.

"Welcome back, dear." Zhongli seemed stronger.

"Can we rest now? I'm tired." Childe whined into Zhongli's shoulder.

"Dinner then rest." Noelle had come out of the kitchen and laid some food on the
table. "Xiangling and her dad's cooking."

They ate dinner with lots of happy chatter (except Xiao as he misses Aether) and soon everyone turned in for bed.

"Baobei?" -C

"Hm?" -Z

"Are you sure you're ready? I won't force you." -C

"I'm sure, Ajax. Thank you for your concern." -Z

"Night sweetheart." - C

"Goodnight love." -Z

The males slept intertwined in each other's warm embrace that night, glad to be in each other's company.

Words: 1172
Happy birthday Childe. For your birthday, I revived your husband.

 For your birthday, I revived your husband

Credits to artist. Found on google so don't ask.