Rings, Inazumans and Lumine

"I heard you got news on the date?" Ningguang was drinking some strong green tea, the air heavy with its scent.

"Yes. Childe told me." Zhongli pulled out a chair and sat across from her, accepting a cup filled with hot steaming tea. There was a moment of silence before Ningguang pulled out a tray filled with elaborate rings.

"W-What?" Zhongli was taken aback. This was very sudden.

"Choose one." Ningguang leaned back in her chair and continued to look at some contracts that littered her table. Zhongli was trying to piece things together. Why was his mom suddenly showing him a bunch of rings? Were they wedding rings? If so, why now? Zhongli sat there in confusion about why this was happening and which one? They were all pretty in their own way. Then one caught his eye.

"Mom...isn't this your wedding ring?" Zhongli picked up a simple gold one with two chains attached to two other rings. On the two other rings were a small piece of cor lapis and noticulous jade. The middle one had a small preserved glaze lily.

"Well, I'm not getting remarried. Why would I when I have a lovely wife and six children? And I saw how when you were little you used to eye it. So, if you want it, it's yours." Ningguang smirked as she saw the same fascination in her son's eyes whenever he saw a piece of jewellery or merchandise he liked.

"Are you sure?" Zhongli made sure that his mother was ready to part with one of her most beloved objects.

"I love it, but I love you even more." She set the cup down and lifted her hand to cup his cheek. She gave the ring a final loving look before folding it into his hands. "Also, next week we're going back to Liyue. Some samples of dresses will be sent to you in about next month." Ningguang turned back to her contracts and waved her son off as he set the ring down on the table.

"So, darling, I overheard a bit of the conversation." Childe was standing outside the chamber. The minute Zhongli appeared, he grabbed his tiny waist and pulled him closer. "I can't wait to see you in a wedding dress."

"Well, you're going to have to wait until the actual day." Zhongli rested his two arms on Childe's shoulders, making it easier for him to gaze into those blue oceans.

"Aww, I was hoping to sneak in during your fittings." Childe gave Zhongli puppy eyes (well, as best as any eyes devoid of life could), which earned him a small chuckle from his beloved Zhongli.

"I'm sorry, Ajax. But as much as I want you to come, my sisters would yell at us for breaking wedding customs." -Z

The two walked out of the side corridor hand in hand and entered the main hall that received most of Snezhnaya's guests. There they saw a bunch of Inazumans getting ready to leave.

"Morax. I've been wanting to talk with you." Miko had pushed her way to Zhongli, literally. Ei was right behind her.

"Yae Guuji Miko. What a pleasant surprise." Zhongli smiled at the woman.

"I wanted to talk to you. How have you been doing?" Miko had a sly smile on her face.

"I've been rather alright." -Z

"Why, if I didn't know you personally, I would have mistaken this as an act." -Mi

"Just like everybody else." -Z

"Of course. That's what your lover assumed anyway." - Mi

"Hey! This is my lover, whether we got along or not in the beginning!" -C

"Haha~ Protective much." -Mi

The rest of the conversation continued and soon, Zhongli was waving goodbye to Ei.

"I'm gonna miss them." Gorou and Itto were standing next to Zhongli and Childe. They had apparently explained their disappearance and got some time to spend with their comrades.

"You can always go back, Gorou." -Z

"But we'll miss you guys when we leave." -I

"You two sort out your problem." Childe was getting a bit jealous from the lack of attention and was now hugging Zhongli's waist so tight that Zhongli felt as if it was going to bruise just from it. The Snezhnayan and Liyuen headed back into the castle and immediately made it to Childe's bedroom. Not so far away, Lumine was sitting in her room, window in full view of the scene. Not only had she failed to break up the couple but she had brought them closer together. She needed to act fast or they would be married, leaving her a heartbroken maiden. Drastic measures had to be taken. Either they canceled the engagement this week or Lumine would risk losing Childe forever.

Words: 791