Mondstadt and Inazuma

This continued for a month, each time getting to know each other more, and now Zhongli was so comfortable with Childe he had begun to catch actual feelings that surpassed the need for duty, something he has not felt in a thousand years ever since the death of...her. Childe could say the same to him. Zhongli had taken the broken mess he was just as he was and, like a vase, slowly put the pieces back together till they were whole. Imperfect, but complete. Now back to the present, Childe had just finished practicing his archery, something he had wanted to do for months.

"Ajax!" Zhongli caught a sign of the ginger and ran up to the ginger, hugging him around the waist.

"Look who it is? My cute little dragon." Childe returned the hug, chuckling as he used the name given by his parents. Oh how glad he was Zhongli told him about that.

"Don't call me that." Zhongli pouted as he looked up at the ginger.

"Ah but dear, your reactions are too adorable for me not to." Childe smirked as he pinched the chubby cheeks. The Liyuen slapped his hand away in defiance but did not release the hug. They hugged a bit more before Childe did something he only imagined doing to his past crush. His mind took over and he decided to show some actual affection. Something more than just hugging or holding hands or sharing the same bed. One hand glided to Zhongli's slim waist, the other turning his head up to face him, and leaned in. He then felt a pair of soft lips on his own. He opened his eyes to see a brunette returning the kiss. They both pulled apart after a minute or so, flustered and surprised at what they just did.

"LOVEBIRDS!" Someone yelled from the end of the hall. Hu Tao was the one shouting, Tonia and Ganyu were stifling their laughs, Teucer had his eyes covered by Anthon, who was looking somewhat disgusted, and Xiao, who seemed ready to send someone to their grave.

"Oh no..." Zhongli escaped Childe's hold and calmed Xiao down, which apparently included restraining him and throwing away his spear, followed by a bunch of scolding. Ganyu, however, sidled up to him, a small smile on her face.

"You know, Grandma Ningguang would be very happy. Let's just say that he's been heartbroken 1 too many times." -G

"Many exes?" -C

"If three is considered a lot and multiple suitors. So don't break his heart again or it's war. That's why Xiao is so overprotective. All of us are. He may be one of the best in battle but his mental state is more fragile than glass." -G

"I got it." Childe nodded as Zhongli returned to him and apologized for the trouble caused, shooting them a dirty look.

"No need." -C

"Alright. Let's go." Zhongli took his hand and the couple left the surprised kids.

"Ah! Childe, Zhongli. Tsaritsa wants to talk to you both. She's in her throne room." Lumine had noticed the two walking aimlessly.

"Thanks Lu. Let's go love." Childe smirked at his flustered face at the new nickname.

"C-Coming." -Z

The two males left Lumine standing there. As she watched them leave, laughing and joking with one another, two fat tears rolled down the sides of her face.
"Why him and not me? Ajax...we've known each other since childhood and you've only known him last month and you're already calling him love. What did I do to deserve this?" Wiping away tears, Lumine ran to her room to avoid seeing anyone and getting embarrassed.