It worked

"Childe! Please! I'm begging you to talk to her!" Aether had barged into Childe's room. And had walked in on something he didn't want to see. Childe was giving Zhongli back rubs while nibbling and whispering in his ear. The black robe that Zhongli was wearing wasn't enough to cover up the amount of hickeys, bite marks and red streaks caused by friction on his neck.

"Uh...Aether, not now. We're busy." Childe was about to die from embarrassment but was brought back to reality when a still dazed Zhongli began to sway from exhaustion. Aether could see that the crotch part of the robe was wet with something that he didn't want to know at all.

"Just, please go and meet Lumine soon. If not, I'm gonna go insane." Aether face palmed before swiftly leaving the room and slamming the door shut.

"What do you think?" Childe had once again leaned close to Zhongli's ear and nibbled on the earlobe.

"Just talk to her. I think that it would be good for both you and Aether's mental health." Zhongli had rested his head on Childe's shoulder before closing his eyes and drifting off to sleep. Childe laid the brunette down into the soft pillows and quickly did some clean up before joining him in bed. For the next few days, Childe continued to avoid Lumine until Aether came screaming into Childe's bedroom again about how he was going insane with all her constant tantrums.

"Alright, alright. I'll see her tomorrow." Childe dismissed a satisfied Aether and was now alone again as Zhongli was spending the last day with his siblings. He was once again bored as Signora and Dottore were out in other nations and Scara was busy on his date with that samurai. Teucer, Anthon and Tonia were busy talking with the other kids from the other nations so Childe had practically nothing to do. He wanted to go fighting again but he didn't want what happened the last time to happen again. So he decided to sleep the boredom away. When he awoke, a small scaly but warm thing was curled up next to him. The minute Childe shifted his position, the creature woke up and instantly turned into...

"Zhongli?" Right before Childe's eyes was his beloved in his dragon form. Zhongli lunged forward and hugged Childe's waist. "Heh, clingy much?"

"I missed you. And they already left about an hour ago." Zhongli had a trace of sadness in his voice. Childe understood as when he fell into the abyss, he was worried that he may never see his siblings again. Trying to find a way to cheer him up, Childe lifted Zhongli's chin and dived in for another kiss. Unlike most of the other ones, this one didn't turn into a make out. It stayed gentle and soon turned into Childe peppering kisses all across Zhongli's face.

"Thank you Ajax." Zhongli changed his position to sit into Childe's lap and lean on the crook of his neck, nuzzling into it. His tail wrapped around the ginger, holding him close.

"Well, what time is it?" Childe was squinting at the slit in the curtains. It seemed bright but sometimes the winters could mess up the daylight cycle.

"I think it's eight in the morning." -Z

"Alright, I'm going to the library. Feel free to chill or do whatever you want." Childe gently nudged the brunette off and left the room. He was going to talk to Lumine. No matter how hard he feels this was, he may learn about what she wanted to do anyways.

"LUMI!" Childe yelled at the blonde across the hallway, staring at the window. She swiftly turned her head at the sound of her name and made her way to Childe. Very much different from her disgruntled brother, her short blonde hair was neat, gold eyes just as perky as before, no sign of eyebags or that she had been crying.

"Ajax! Where do you want to go?" Lumine grinned brightly at Childe.

"Library." Childe took off in the direction, Lumine trailing behind him. Once they were alone, Childe left the door slightly ajar, just in case Lumine tried to do anything.

"Now tell me, why did you ignore me for a week straight?" Her perky tone had changed into an interrogating one.

"What do you want from me? Just leave me and Zhongli alone." Childe wanted her to get straight to the point. The faster she told him, the quicker he could get out of this situation.

"Well, since you want to be so straightforward, I want you." She traced the outline of his muscles showing slightly through the fabric.

"W-What? No, I already told you, I don't like you in that way. Just anything else!" Childe stepped back, ready to run out the door.

"Oh Ajax, I just want you. Is it that hard?" She stepped forward, fingers reaching for his scarf.

"I said no! Get the fuck away from m-mmph!" Before he could finish his sentence, Lumine had tugged in his scarf and smashed her lips aggressively against his in an attempt to shut him up. When she let go, a devilish grin widened on her face as she tilted her head towards the door. In the door frame was a pair of wide open amber eyes with glowing bangs that framed his face perfectly, which was a contortion of rage and grief. Silent tears were falling fast and before Childe could say anything, Zhongli had disappeared.

"YOU LITTLE BITCH! YOU PLANNED THIS ALL ALONG!" Childe turned to Lumine and slapped her hard across the face. She turned back at him, a red mark on the side of her face. But she still was grinning at him. "At least it worked."

Words: 963