Liyue kids

Next day

"Who's gonna wake the brat?" The four Fatui Harbingers were confused as Zhongli hadn't come down for dinner last night and no one had seen him the entire day either. It was near noon when they finally came up with who was going to check up on him: Childe, much to his protest.

"Prince Rex Lapis? OH MY ARCHONS!" Childe opened the door to find a bloodied Zhongli lying on the floor. "TSARITSA!"

The others heard Childe's screams and ran to find Tsaritsa. Once found, she and several guards hastened towards the source of the screaming and found Childe carrying (yes bridal style) Zhongli and a good handful of blood all over the both of them, most of it on the brunette. The minute they saw his limp body resting in the ginger's arms, she quickly called over their private doctor and he was hospitalized immediately.

Fifteen minutes later

"I still don't understand why I couldn't examine him." Dottore grumbled.

"Because knowing you, you would attempt to experiment on him and we don't need war against Liyue. How is he?" Tsaritsa had a hint of worry in her voice as the doctor walked outside of the ward. She had been pacing back and forth, worried that Liyue may declare war if news got out that their heir had passed out.

"Oh don't worry. He's fine. We did some tests and apparently the poor child has anxiety, depression, an eating disorder and something else we couldn't really detect. Something must have happened to him when he was younger to bring it up to the level where he's coughing blood. When his triggers go off, his body tenses up and too much intense breathing will loosen the lining of his trachea. This is what causes the coughing blood. But his body reacts well to Qingxin. We need more shipments of that. My advice is to leave him alone. Not avoid but pretend he's not there unless he approaches you." The doctor looked at the relief on the five royals faces and bowed as a way to say goodbye. Tsaritsa nodded at his request for departure and he left.

"So he's not a brat?" -D

"It seems so." -LS

"Is there something you're not telling us, Signora?" -T

"At the time, I didn't think much of it but when we dropped him off at his room, I remember hearing a distinct crying noise." -LS

"I feel bad now." Tsaritsa sighed as she gave the boy one last look. He was still fast asleep, body slightly bloody. "Let's leave him be, shall we?"

They all agreed to leave him and several hours later, Zhongli woke up. He was alone. He carefully stepped out of the bed and retreated to his room. He immediately began to search for something.

Z: Ah. I forgot to bring my meds. Damn it.

He sighed and sat on his bed. He immediately noticed a card that was beside him. Curious, Zhongli gently picked it up and opened it.

The doctor told us about your condition. We left you a map and when mealtimes are. Feel free to either join us or pick up your food from the kitchen.
Tsaritsa

Zhongli grimaced at the words written in elegant handwriting. So they found out about his mental state, which was extremely unstable, and he barely made it a week in Snezhnaya. Sighing, he folded the note and took the map next to it. His eyes scanned over the map, fascinated by the many details on it. Soon, he decided to wander around a bit. Maybe he could visit the kitchen and cook something. He was hungry after all. He left the room, smiling inside, clutching the map. It seems that while he was unconscious, Tsaritsa had told the servants about him and they were also supposed to pretend he wasn't there. Zhongli enjoyed walking around with no one acknowledging his presence. After a bit of walking, a small thing hit his leg.